How Do You Pick Your Missions/Scenarios? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 06:14 PM

shas'o Thraka's Flag is: England

We just play annihalation, and occasionally play objectives if we feel like it'll be fun.

Click now....and you may join the greater good!

8th Edition Lizardmen:
Wins-Draws-Loses: 4-0-1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 06:19 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

We used to play from the Rulebook. However it always transpired that everyone wanted to play the kill point mission. I got fed up with this and found the old Rules of Engagement. Which I have now updated for 5th edition and can be found here. Since then they are used a lot since no 2 missions are ever the same due to different deployment and the fact each player has a separate mission.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 07:25 PM

Luisjoey's Flag is: Venezuela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Al'rahhem View Post
Me & my regular, friendly, opponent roll it using the rulebook but he has agreed to not do Kill Points anymore as even he can see how it's unfair to IG (he, SM, has 8KP I, IG, have 18kp).

Like most people say that is getting a bit stale so I'm going to take the Battle Missions book over & the 4th Ed. BGB and discuss with him the missions in both and lay whatever we thinks cool.

As we both play the same armies pretty much all the time we might start some narative &/or campaign type games.

IG excel at taking objectives because lots of troops, so they suffer at anihilation, your buddy need to make a more balanced IG army to counter that and when playing IG at anihilation, play it to finish all of your enemy because you use lots of KP

Visit http://calabozocriollo.foros.ws Venezuela Gaming Forum

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-10, 02:59 AM
CO 3rd Thoth ACR

Capt.Al'rahhem's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisjoey View Post

IG excel at taking objectives because lots of troops, so they suffer at anihilation, your buddy need to make a more balanced IG army to counter that and when playing IG at anihilation, play it to finish all of your enemy because you use lots of KP
I REALLY didn't want to start that discussion again. Sufice it to say my and my good friend have decided to not play for KPs anymore. If he wants to play for annilation I'd gladly play for Victory Points, which seems, to me, to be more fair as we both start with same amount.

The IG army is mine and I also don't want to start a discussion about my army & play style. I play the same army I've been working on since 2nd Ed. It's a full mech. army with no Vets. So my basic FOC requirement is 14KPs, I like my army and I'm unlikely to change it.

"Most wars are wars of contact, both forces striving into touch to avoid tactical surprise. Our's shall be a war of detachment. We are to contain the enemy by the silent threat of the vast, unknown desert...." T.E. Lawrence

Unrepentant Treadhead

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode