Dice Rolling? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-10, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

Default Dice Rolling?

Hey everyone.

Just wondering on what everyone's opinion of dice rolling is, a few things to consider would be:

1. Where do you roll the dice, on the table, in a seperate container or lid?

2. What do you do about crooked dice or ones that roll off the table (auto-fail)?

3. Have you come up against an annoying roller of dice?

4. Do you prefer all the dice rolled at once?

A few things that annoy the sh*t out of me are:

1. Picking up the dice too quick - Someone rolls twenty dice and yells 12 hits and immediately covers them wit their hands, picking out the misses or hits before you can take a look.

2. Dropping Dice - It's called rolling the f*cking dice, not picking them up and dropping them like a limp wristed sissy.

3. Rolling a dice on certain faces - Such as always placing their finger and thumb on the 1 and 6 and rolling away.

4. Just being douchbags - These are the people who you generally get a bad vibe from. You ever just wanted to tell someone 'I'm not happy how your playing the dice' but can't put your finger on why exactly? Their probably those douches who read up on how to cheat on dice rolls.

Anyway what say all of you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-10, 06:24 PM

Vrykolas2k's Flag is: USA

People who's dice never fail, whether you see them or not.

Vae victus.

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your damned BOOK!"
-Patton

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-10, 06:30 PM

jaws900's Flag is: England

one of the worst is the "one ruel for me another for you" person who insists that if he personly didn't see me roll a 6 etc then it doen't count dispite the 2-3 people who did see and then when i don't see what he rolled (and sometimes the other people don't see eaither) he just says "tuff you should have been playing attention". Becuas eof that i refuce to play him at all and i proabbly will forfit in a tornment unless it was a doubles or i payed to enter.

Another one is when people drop a dice by acicdent and say "i'll roll that" as if saying that i'll shouse to have that as one of my rolls" i'm quite strickt on that in that if they didn't intent to roll it then they didn't roll it at all. Also if it goes of teh talbe just re-roll.....unless you keep doing it then i tell you to roll the dice in the middle or any of the table are auto fial form now on.

"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

People i have turned into Chaos Spawn
Marneus Calgar
Pedro Kantor
Terminator Chaplin
Terminator Apothecary

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-10, 06:34 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-A-C View Post
In the largest area of flattish table that is not full of models.

Quote:
2. What do you do about crooked dice or ones that roll off the table (auto-fail)?
Crooked, stacked, or escaped dice are re-rolled. This way no-one is too tied up in rolling just right.

Quote:
Happily not

Quote:
Unless it is a huge number (20+) , or there are more special events (e.g. weapons, characteristics) than different colours of dice.

The one thing that vaguely bothers me is people who remove successes out of the cast rather than failures at each stage.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-10, 06:35 PM
Punx For Life

jimmy gunn's Flag is: England

I only have 1 dice, my lucky dice, so I just roll that one 20 times and add up on a piece of paper.
it takes a while but that's how I like to do it.

LOL just kidding I throw them in the lid of a shoe box or one of the Tupperware box's I use to carry stuff around.

Then only pick up the missed/failed ones so my opponent can see for themselves how many hits/saves I got.

crooked dice just get re-rolled.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-10, 06:37 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

The persons that annoy me most are the ones that pray to the Emperor before throwing the dice, and the worst thing with it is the fact that they prey separately to each single f*cking dice! Whats wrong wit... Ouh wait, I was talking about myself... [Facepalms]

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-10, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

I hate it when your the statistical b*tch. You know what I'm talking about right? No? Let me explain.

You have Person A (always your opponent) who constantly passes all their rolls whether it be to-hit, wound, invulnerable saves, leadership tests, etc.

Well statistically you can't always roll 5's and 6's, and the dice God's are very aware of this fact.

So Person B (always you) has to fail every single one of their rolls in order to make the world statistically fair and balanced and assuage the Dice God's anger.

Don't you just love Warhammer lol?
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-10, 07:19 PM

shas'o Thraka's Flag is: England

Quote:

On a flat area of the table.

Re-roll them

Yes, when people roll dice 1 at a time

Definately
What really annoys me (god knows why) is when people roll 1 at a time. It really infuriates me and makes me feel like they will pass whatever they are trying to do.

Click now....and you may join the greater good!

8th Edition Lizardmen:
Wins-Draws-Loses: 4-0-1
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-10, 07:21 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:
- Always on the gaming table. Always where my opponent can see, and always long enough for the to see.

- Anything fishy, off kilter, off the table, on its edge, or whatever - re-roll it.

- Yes, the owner of the FLGS near me. He would arrange the dice on his hand all in a parallel line and roll to reduce his chances from 1/6 to 1/4. There was another guy who did the quick roll'n'snatch. But as it turned out he was cheater anyway regularly taking extra points.

- I'm a fan of whatever is easiest and makes most sense. Granted, I only have about 15 dice so that's my max at a time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T Hobbit View Post
The one thing that vaguely bothers me is people who remove successes out of the cast rather than failures at each stage.
- How else would you do it? If I roll 10 dice to hit and 7 hit, I'd sort out the dice by hits and misses so my opponent can see what hit or missed. Then I would take the hits (in this hypothetical case, 7 dice) and re-roll those to wound. That seems to make the most sense to me. If there is good rolling-mojo in those dice great! but I would compare it to dealing in a card game. You deal openly from the top of the deck, so your opponent can see what you're doing and that everything is on the level. They can SEE where the 7 hits are on the table, and know that I'm rolling the right number of dice.

cheers,
Kreuger

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-10, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
The persons that annoy me most are the ones that pray to the Emperor before throwing the dice
I do this. It actually works.

The Emperor protects...

I support Exterminatus.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode