the ultimate space wolf insult... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-19-10, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

Maverike Prime's Flag is: USA

the ultimate space wolf insult...

Quote:
They came through the early morning fogs. They were unseen at first, we only knew they were there by their mono-tone chant 'For the Russ'. At first we thought we were hearing the ghosts of our fallen brothers, echoes of the great warriors lost weeks before. Perhaps early morning winds carrying their voices to guide us in battles yet to come. Then Hrethgir was felled by a powerful blast. The blast nearly incinerated his body, it only left his charred burned remains contained with in his still melting armour. With out pause we leapt to our feet ready to make battle. Again, we heard a monotone chant of 'For the Russ' echo through the cool morning air. Then the fire came upon us. With all the accuracy of our brothers they moved in, firing their weapons. Our shots merely richocheted off their armor. While they closed in, they killed. But draw them in we did. At tooth and claw, we were better and we knew it. We would draw them into hand to hand and best them. And so we did. In the mists of the morning, we engaged these attackers like true sons of the Russ! We did bring carnage to them and we feeled them to a man. It was only later, as the mists cleared in the light of the rising sun that we did discover the truth. The attackers who had Killed Hrethgir, the very ones who had mocked us with their chants of Russ, the very ones that we ourselves had killed... were none other then our brothers, enslaved by the dark powers, forced to fight their own brother even beyond their own death...
A while back I had an idea for a counts-as unit of Thousand Sons. Captured enemy marines that have been Servitorized into zombi-esque combat units. I figure my warband has close ties to the Dark Adeptus and this would explain how they have the ability to construct these. The AP 3 bolts is explained as the constructs utilizing captured Kraken bolter rounds while the 4+ inv save is explained as having a force field, curtousy of the Dark Adeptus. The Sorceror is infact a Dark Adeptus tech priest, which is in fact the point of this first post. I'm still waiting on the cyborg parts to come in from MaxMini so I can build the Space-servitors. But I have completed the Tech Priest and want to show him off a bit and get any feed back or criticism on him I can. Honest feed back only please.

Oh and just to clarify, yes I am going to be running Space Wolves that count as Thousand sons...

Be Sure to follow me on:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-19-10, 10:46 AM

Blammer's Flag is: Iceland

Lol strange idea. The conversions will no doubt be awesome.

There is no such thing as fiction. Given that the multiple-universe quantum theory is correct then all events that happen in ´´fiction´´ actually happen in some other universe.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-19-10, 12:55 PM
Great Unclean One

Svartmetall's Flag is: Wales

Actually, I'd have thought the ultimate Space Wolf insult would be to spill their pint over the Runepriest then hold up a picture of a chihuahua yelling "See that? That's your wolf, that is!"

The ever-growing horde of Death Guard: Pandemic
Nurgle Daemons army: Angels of Disease
Death Guard fiction: 'Incursion'
Nurgle 101 Tutorial

THE IMPERIUM TONIGHT #1, #2, #3

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-19-10, 01:16 PM
Facts + Reason = Win

Bubblematrix's Flag is: United Kingdom

"Yo momas a bitch"?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-19-10, 01:35 PM

Well, bonus points for the Thousand Sons themselves doing it, but this is pretty much a slap in the face to Mahreens.

Why not have some lobotomized scouts thrown in as well?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-10, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

Maverike Prime's Flag is: USA

updated, now with more pictures

so, after almost a month the parts I ordered came in. Then after dealing with a slew of other problems arising over the following 2 weeks, I finally got some time to carry out this plan. I give you the first 5 models of my Lobotomized Space Wolf Servitors that count as Thousand Sons marines:

I have a plan for a new Aspiring Sorcorer, and that is based on this image from the Horus Heresy Art books:

I've seen people using robbed legs, but they aren't Dark Angel legs. They're far thinner then would look right for power armored legs covered in robes. I thought they were from Scribor Miniatures, but I can't find them now. Can anyone help me out with this?

Be Sure to follow me on:

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-10, 07:30 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Might be thinking of http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/index.php.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-10, 08:01 AM

turel2's Flag is: Great Britain

Basically tell a space wolf he fights like a girl and drinks shandy.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-10, 08:42 AM

the cabbage's Flag is: Scotland

Call him a pussy?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-10, 10:16 AM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Laugh at him ans say he is all bark and no bite. Like his mother.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode