I was skimming through Winterous' thread 'A funny army theme
' and I decided to post this. I figure you all would get a chuckle out of it. I'm not actually planning on doing this army, but damn it, the concept just won't go away.
Heres how it started. Like 5 years ago I was building a Chimera for my Deamonhunters, and as I built the two sides of the hull I moved them together and pushed them off to the side to make space to build the turret. As I moved the two parts together I looked at it, and with out really thinking about it I said "Hey look, a clown sized land raider" the resemblance was passing at the best but that was enough to get the idea off and running. Everyone in the hobby center heard what I said, saw what I said it about, and quickly started having their own ideas about a the "Clown Space Marines". So now, 5 years later the idea itself is very nearly to a point where I can no longer resist making the army.
Here are some of the ideas:
1) Space Marine Captian- The Lead clown, the bozo, the guy who draws all your attention while his cohorts set up for the next gag. Comes equipped the Multi-colored Iron Affro (Iron Halo). Seriously, the bullets get stuck in the hair.
2) Assault Marines: Truely skilled performers, they now use spring loaded shoes (jump packs) to achieve feats of great skill and daring.
3) Deep Striking Terminators: The clowns that get shot out of the cannon (Basilisk Barrage anyone?)
4) Land Speeder: The Clowns that are riding a unicycle on a high wire. Their balance bar holds gun pods.
5) Rhinos: Anyone know where I can buy micro machines? But you have to roll 2d6 each time you disembark to determine how many marines get out of the Rhino.
6) Astartes Grenade Launcher equipped models: Master Jugglers, these nimble acrobats pack an interesting surprise for their viewers.
So any other thoughts you all would like to toss in here? I'm not planning on doing this, but the ideas just keep coming up and I'm finding it harder and harder to say no to the idea.