Gamer Mats - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-10, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Crimzzen's Flag is: Canada

Default Gamer Mats

Just a quick question,

I'm a tall guy 6'7" and my back/feet kill me after a day of wargaming - say at a convention. I've heard about gamer mats for standing on which are suppose to be great for the back. Where can I find these?

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-10, 09:12 PM

texcuda's Flag is: USA

hmmm...interesting idea, we have something similiar at work but it doesn't make a huge difference that I can see. I work in a jail and am on my feet for 8 hours straight. Perhaps a bar stool would work better. A narrow one that doesn't take up much room but allows you to get off your feet between turns. Good luck!

"The difference between heresy and treachery is ignorance." The Emporer
"Actually, if you speak up about something you clearly no nothing about, it kinda IS your fault. lol Feel free to ignore any questions you don't know the answer to." Courtesy of DeathKlokk
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-10, 09:20 PM

Whizzwang's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by texcuda View Post
I work in a jail
Quote:
Originally Posted by texcuda View Post

This man has balls of steel!

The Infernal Council of the Lord of Nine Tzeentch C:SM Project Log

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-10, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Crimzzen's Flag is: Canada

Yeah, I've tried sitting but I end up getting too into the games haha! Maybe I should try some insoles.

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-10, 09:31 PM
Facts + Reason = Win

Bubblematrix's Flag is: United Kingdom

Check this site, they sell insoles made to work in the same way as anti-fatigue mats, seems to be an industry standard product, hope this helps your pains
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-10, 10:04 PM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

Go to a restaurant supply company. They have all sorts of rubber mats and stuff in a lot of different sizes and price ranges. I got one for in front of my toolbox at work, (auto technician) and it helps a lot. The one I got wasn't cheap, around $150.00 US and it is thick, cushy slip resistant and chemical resistant. It is one of the bigger ones they had as it is 8'+4'. My back, knees and feet thank me every day. It is heavy though as it isn't meant to be carried around or portable but they did have small ones the size of a normal door mat that would fit your needs.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-10, 12:44 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

I used to have this problem, but a customer taught me a method of stretching my back that gives instant relief, seriously its amazing.
Stand fully upright ,feet together, chin on your chest, hands at your side palms facing outwards and forward, raise both arms keeping them both straight,like your making a snow angel, until both hands are above your head,lift your chin until you are looking straight up at the ceiling.

As for your feet, sit down once in a while lol

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-10, 01:12 AM

the-ad-man's Flag is: United Kingdom

was going to suggest limbering up, but i think b&k stole my thunder

Ive started to update this project loge again, you should all check it out. it has some stupid things on it, and some fun things on it haha

Order of the Crimson Dawn (Rogue trader pirates, using Coteaz henchmen spam rules)

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=96746
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-10, 08:57 AM

It's got nothing to do with being on your feet, and all to do with the fact that you're tall and having to bend down to reach the table. You might not be bending much, but it will be almost continuous. I'm a short arse, but I've got a back injury which reacts in exactly the same way- I'm about 5'7", if the wind is in the right direction, and even just emptying my figurecase can cripple me.
You need to either lower yourself, or raise the playing surface. Most of the places I've been to have tables that are ridiculously low- I used to work in a hospital (which is where I wrecked my back, so maybe it's not the greatest example!), and the level at which a table-top is comfortable and safe to work at is a lot higher than anyone would realise. So, you either have to sit down, or raise the table. Stretches will help a bit, but it's going to take a concious effort to make sure that you improve your posture as well, making sure that, after every move, you stand tall and with a straight back. Doing that will help a lot more than a mat under your feet. Hope it feels better!

GFP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode