Inspired! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-10, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Default Inspired!

Yello, Heretics!
After failing miserably at getting a Golden Daemon entry up for this year, I was casting around for something to really get my paint flowing when I stumbled upon a model I hadn't seen for ages, one that I really, really like. No matter rules or viability, I just love the Tau Sniper Drones and Controller.
This got me thinking; whenever I look through a new Codex, or even just one I haven't read before, I always get really inspired to start making that army. Just looking at the models and reading the fluff gets me excited. BUT! There is always a single model that grabs me more than any other, one that just catches my imagination and makes me drool at the thought of painting it and playing with it.
Obviously the Tau Sniper kit gets me hot and bothered, as does the Space Pope. So, my question is what single model does it for the other Heretics out there? It can be a model from an army you don't play, one from an army you do, or even the model that got you into the game/embodies the fluff more than any other. Rules don't matter, particularly, in this, although if it was a perfect fusion, then what the hell!
Have at it!

GFP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-10, 11:07 AM
Facts + Reason = Win

Bubblematrix's Flag is: United Kingdom

For me it would be the FW kit for the Brass Scorpion, every time I see one I think about making a small force of Chaos just to justify one, but every time I come to my senses - though I am sure that one day I will just go and buy one to get it out of my system
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-10, 11:43 AM

Its my Mawloc, it really has a special something

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-10, 11:55 AM

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

I'll second the Brass Scorpion. Originally it would have been the Mega Dread but i have one of those now.

It just looks so awesome, and seeing it tear through an opposing army would be epic

SGMAlice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-10, 01:08 PM
DonFer's Flag is: Bolivia

Inquisitor Rex form FW. I used to stare at it for long hours, but told myself was too expensive. Then the buying spree hit me and now I'm having the time of my life painting that dude.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-10, 01:33 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMAlice View Post
I'll second the Brass Scorpion. Originally it would have been the Mega Dread but i have one of those now.

It just looks so awesome, and seeing it tear through an opposing army would be epic

SGMAlice
me too! just picked up the mek boy dread too, still waiting on his arms though.

I have to admit im very very inspired by the Ork range, i never used to be a fan of the models as they were shite, but since the relaunch i love the models, the new dreds and Kans are amazing, the only thing mi not too impressed with is the stompa, i would have preferred them to drop the upside down flower pot design in favour of a more mega dread looking model.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-10, 03:56 PM
The Apathetic Sociopath

OrkByTheGraceOfGork's Flag is: USA

I don't want it to appear like I'm playing favorites here, but I have to say the FW orky minis are badass. The Ork Meka Dread is an obvious choice. I also recommend the Kil Krusha or even the Big trakk is great too. Just my 2 cents.

OBGOG
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-10, 04:18 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

I saw the fantasy Galrauch model when I first started (it had just been released) and after a few years it tempted me to collect a tzeentchian daemons army. I even used the heads and wings to make my own fateweaver. It just looks sooooo badass.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-10, 04:38 PM

Tzeen Qhayshek's Flag is: USA

I think, like me and a lot of other people, fell in love with Chaos during 3rd Edition all in part of the Bloodthirster. Preferably the older model - I always liked that one better.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-10, 05:14 PM
CO 3rd Thoth ACR

Capt.Al'rahhem's Flag is: USA

I'll continue the FW love & say the only new model thats got me thinking about starting a new army is the FW "Chinorc" Warcopter. It's just such a badass model & concept. Plus a friend just gave me a simi-painted, in-pieces Orc army in a box I just might have to make an AirCav Orc Mob.

"Most wars are wars of contact, both forces striving into touch to avoid tactical surprise. Our's shall be a war of detachment. We are to contain the enemy by the silent threat of the vast, unknown desert...." T.E. Lawrence

Unrepentant Treadhead

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode