Cheese with that whine? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-10, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

crisissuitguy's Flag is: USA

Cheese with that whine?

So, we've all come across them those people who can't stop whining and complaining about your army. Share your stories about those annoying people.

So, the other day at the L.A. Battle Bunker i am playing with someone who wouldn't shut up. So as a basic for tau u always take your 4+ cover save on tanks and markerlights. And anti-tank weapons. So first turn i wipe out all his transports (he is a CSM player) so his units all popout. His predator is destroyed 2nd turn and his vindicator 1st turn. So he complains about all my ap 1 stuff and anti tank for about 10 minutes calling it cheating. So as his deamon princes (2 of them) fall after taking fire from fire warriors first turn he bitches again. I made all my cover saves on my tanks (about 6 of them) and calls it cheating. He complained about half the weapons in the tau armory and then said they were all cheating. But, i could say that having almost all fearless units and possessed tanks are cheating but i dont cuz those are rules...

There's no such thing as too many crisis suits.

Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for The Skull Throne, and Lolz for the Laughing god
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-10, 06:04 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

I believe it is the Goddess of probability he should lodge his complaint with because, apparently, she has decided to make him her bitch.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-10, 06:12 AM

Indeed, that is some *impressive* rolling for you, and some shitty rolling for your opponent. I know the kind of person you're talking about though, and they tend to not even be nice if they curbstomp you, and will whine about what you had even if it didn't do much.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-10, 06:53 AM

KingOfCheese's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisissuitguy View Post
So, we've all come across them those people who can't stop whining and complaining about your army.
The story of my life with 40k.

People just use it as an excuse when they get their ass kicked.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-10, 07:40 AM

Calamari's Flag is: United Kingdom

He is getting beaten by an out dated and under powered codex? Take that as a compliment to your ability as a player .

Follow mine and Jam's 40K delusions at:

crucible-of-fate.blogspot.co.uk
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-10, 08:27 AM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

Happily this isn't always the case with CSM players. I had some very lucky rolls in a game last week, 2k of my Nids vs his CSM.

Just to be clear, I use a shooty HT, 2x6 shooty Warriors (one of them in a spore), 1x10 Genestealers with scythes and toxin, Trygon Prime, T-fex and 2xshooty fex. Small, not swarmy, effective vs GEq, not so much vs MEq.

I did not lose a single unit and reduced his whole army to a unit 6 plague marines. I was also holding all but 1 of the objectives. I had some very lucky rolls.

The CSM player was understandably upset, well probably more shaken and stunned, but put a brave face on it (only moaning about the luck a few times). We were both using the same dice and there were no rule or unit disputes.

He was a pretty good sport considering the total destruction he was dealt, while not killing any of my units.

All that is important is known.
Praxis
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-10, 08:47 AM

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

It's pretty hard not to moan when your losing every unit, especially if the army's being wiped out en masse.

What makes me laugh though are those players who half way through crumpling your army moan when you destroy their prized unit.

Notable examples are:

1) A CSM player moaned whenever I killed one of his Terminators, Plague Marines or Obliterators, meanwhile my army is being taken out unit by unit.

2) A Tau player moaned when he couldn't kill my last unit on the table, an Obliterator. Meanwhile I've signed up for advanced maths so I can comprehend his shooting phase.

3) A Dark Eldar player moaned because my Lootas kept rolling sixes, to the point where he said if they rolled another six he was going home and crying. Sadly he was only joking about that.

4) A Space Marine player moaned that he couldn't assault my Orks because I'd removed the two nearest to his Captain as casualties, despite the fact that he kept legging it from assaults with his tactical squads.

My painting log - Misadventures of a Cack-Handed Painter: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=93419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gochu85
I am enjoying all of your articles. Thank you for your help. I hope I can use your tactics along with what I learn from experience to strike fear of green in to my enemies hearts.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-10, 09:07 AM

5tonsledge's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfCheese View Post
The story of my life with 40k.

People just use it as an excuse when they get their ass kicked.
ditto, every time i kick someones ass with my cheesy list they always say these itmes are cheese.
1 Daemon Princes with Lash(ill admit cheese, but im a power gamer aswell as a friendly gamer).
2 my 6 squads of 5 man noise marines with blast masters and doom sirens in rhinos. oh and the champion with a power weapon.( they hate it becasue i dont have an assualt base list and i pop their tanks with the blastmasters).
3 They always hate Chosen. they dont like that i can take 3 squads with 15 plasmaguns.( the last guy ran deathwing terminators they didnt last to long).
they never complain about the 3 squads of 5 man havocs with 4 lascannons. but they dont like when i blow up heavy suport with them.
But yea your story is funny becasue every shop has a Cry Baby. Also that Chaos player is a disgrace to the dark gods, if he complains when he loses. you think Bezerkers cry when they lose combat. no they dont.
+2 rep for you for getting me going.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-10, 09:37 AM

texcuda's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonsledge View Post
ditto, every time i kick someones ass with my cheesy list they always say these itmes are cheese.
1 Daemon Princes with Lash(ill admit cheese, but im a power gamer aswell as a friendly gamer).
2 my 6 squads of 5 man noise marines with blast masters and doom sirens in rhinos. oh and the champion with a power weapon.( they hate it becasue i dont have an assualt base list and i pop their tanks with the blastmasters).
3 They always hate Chosen. they dont like that i can take 3 squads with 15 plasmaguns.( the last guy ran deathwing terminators they didnt last to long).
they never complain about the 3 squads of 5 man havocs with 4 lascannons. but they dont like when i blow up heavy suport with them.
But yea your story is funny becasue every shop has a Cry Baby. Also that Chaos player is a disgrace to the dark gods, if he complains when he loses. you think Bezerkers cry when they lose combat. no they dont.
+2 rep for you for getting me going.
quit yer whinin'

"The difference between heresy and treachery is ignorance." The Emporer
"Actually, if you speak up about something you clearly no nothing about, it kinda IS your fault. lol Feel free to ignore any questions you don't know the answer to." Courtesy of DeathKlokk
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-10, 09:40 AM

5tonsledge's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by texcuda View Post
quit yer whinin'
lol i try. to emotional when it comes to 40K

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode