Played a tau player - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-10, 04:32 PM
Alex's Flag is: United Kingdom

Myself I've always gone suit spam, but that's because I can't do piranha spam with farsight and I get bored with vehicles too easily.

Builder of the Lego Manta

40K Farsight Enclaves
WFB - Brettonians
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-01-10, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

5tonsledge's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Myself I've always gone suit spam, but that's because I can't do piranha spam with farsight and I get bored with vehicles too easily.
suit spamming is sp easy to kill of though, a lot of the time they sacrifice 2 weapons in wargear to take the 4+ invul save, which is chil but what you have left is 1 to 2 shots a turn with them. the piranah list had like 5 shots each with fussion blasters so it was 25 shots a squad at BS4 S5 ap5
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-01-10, 06:23 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonsledge View Post
intresting, just goes to show you had bad Tau are the guy cheated and couldnt even beat me...lol still though 15 piranahs, that was amazing looking.
Err, when playing against someone that's been into the game for two months, doesn't know the rules for his army and is taking one of the least efficient lists possible I'd be hesitant to make a judgment about the army as a whole. Please, for your own sake, do not underestimate the Tau. They have one of the better books in the entire game right now but it happens to be extremely limited in that there are only a few good units.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-01-10, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
Err, when playing against someone that's been into the game for two months, doesn't know the rules for his army and is taking one of the least efficient lists possible I'd be hesitant to make a judgment about the army as a whole. Please, for your own sake, do not underestimate the Tau. They have one of the better books in the entire game right now but it happens to be extremely limited in that there are only a few good units.
alright, but i have yet to play a tau player who even challenged me a little bit. the closest game ive ever lost too tau was with a experimental Black Templar list with a lascannon spam list, but yea i still won that game by 200 points. every other game when i was runnning my Chaos army i have army killed tau by the 4th turn or sometimes 5th. i know what people all say is that i just havent played a good player but ive seen a lot of list, ive killed crisis suit spaming no problem ive killed broad side kroot spam ive just about fought them all. lash is the one thing Tau cant handle thats why its easy to defeat Tau. but yea i will agree until i play a decent Tau player i will just have to stick with my oppinion. but i understand Drake i cant base my oppinion of a whole army because i have only played 6 to 7 Tau players. but a couple of the guys have the money just not the skill i guess, even though i consider one of them to be the best i have seen.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-10, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
By the way did you forget about the Blood Angels, Spacewolves, and lets not forget the Cheesiest codex of them all the Imperial Guard, ofcourse IG needed the better codex they have been bitched slapped around for a long time. by the way i highly doubt Tau have one of the better codexes of the game because how often do you see Tau winning Ardd Boys tourneys and what not.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-03-10, 05:12 AM

evan82's Flag is: USA

I can proudly say that I never lost to Tau army. That most likely has to do with the caliber of players though, I am getting ready to go to a GW event soon at the battle bunker here in Texas. I'm gonna get killed lol.

Fear not the Psyker.

Time you enjoyed wasting is never wasted.

Less QQ more pew pew.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode