In a bit of a god dilemma.. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-10, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

Aristocrap's Flag is: USA

Default In a bit of a god dilemma..

Both Khorne and Slaanesh have had their eyes on me for a while now, and I very much like both of them. However, I want to choose a single one to base my army around at the moment. I'll probably be giving my CSM a break whenever the new DE 'dex comes out, so I want to get this army done first and focus on a single patron for now. I love Zerkers and how hard they hit in combat, but Slaanesh incites me to go the Noise Marine route, loading up on Doom Sirens, Lash Princes and bright, eye-catching paint schemes. It's a very hard decision, as Khorne offers a bloody, yet fun playstyle and Slaanesh promises a vibrant-looking and elegant army.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-10, 03:41 AM

Putch.'s Flag is: Canada

Khorne is waaaaaaaay waaaaaaaaay overdone, and do you really want to get thrown in with the zerkertrash players? Slaanesh FTW
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-10, 03:53 AM

5tonsledge's Flag is: USA

bezerkers. in a way the peoople that play them are just like bezerkers. they are mindless they play by throwing all their troops forward to get killed just like bezerkers fluff wise. and get this they both shout blood for the blood god way too much. i play Noise marines my oppinion i would rape a khorne player because lets face it lash daemon prince and doom sirens are to bad combos for zerkers. i have played and tabled khorne players simply because bezerkers suck on foot and the easiest way to pop rhinos is spam lascannons and take 5 man noise marines in rhinos with a blast master and a doom siren with a power sword. i go first after i gaurantee killed 3/4 of the bezerkers squad and assualt with I5 with a power weapon. so i would go with noise marines. but thats my oppinion if you like to shout blood for the blood god by all means go ahead.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-10, 04:03 AM

Tzeen Qhayshek's Flag is: USA

It boils down to your play style really. Both Gods have a fantastic back story and great units are your disposal. Do you want dakka or do you want chainswords loping off heads?

For me, I sold my mortal soul to Slaanesh because of the paint scheme and the Noise Marine's shootiness.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-10, 04:04 AM

Exactly what stonesledge said. Berzerkers are a tactless army. Way way to easymode. Slaanesh is harder to play assuming you dont just lash spam, I like squads of marines with sonic blasters, they have an unholy amount of firepower.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-10, 04:06 AM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putch. View Post
Khorne is waaaaaaaay waaaaaaaaay overdone, and do you really want to get thrown in with the zerkertrash players? Slaanesh FTW
For your lack of respect, your skull shall be the first harvested in the name of KHORNE!

Khorne is a very straight forward and simple design, "there is the enemy, kill them with an axe." Yes you can get shooty with oblit's, havoc's, defilers and the like, but the main troop is going to be a zerker with a chainaxe and a bolt pistol and Kharn as your HQ. I run it, I like it. But, I like to keep things simple and straight forward.

Slaanesh is a shooty army with those blastmasters and such, that can also kick some I5 ass in an assault. Lash princes are everywhere too, sometimes more so than a true Khorne/zerker army.

Both are fun in their own right but as much as I hate to say it, Slaanesh are more versatile than a pure zerker/khorne army, not better by any means, just more flexible tactically.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-10, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
For your lack of respect, your skull shall be the first harvested in the name of KHORNE!

Khorne is a very straight forward and simple design, "there is the enemy, kill them with an axe." Yes you can get shooty with oblit's, havoc's, defilers and the like, but the main troop is going to be a zerker with a chainaxe and a bolt pistol and Kharn as your HQ. I run it, I like it. But, I like to keep things simple and straight forward.

Slaanesh is a shooty army with those blastmasters and such, that can also kick some I5 ass in an assault. Lash princes are everywhere too, sometimes more so than a true Khorne/zerker army.

Both are fun in their own right but as much as I hate to say it, Slaanesh are more versatile than a pure zerker/khorne army, not better by any means, just more flexible tactically.

Meant no disrespect Khorne was my first army, but as you said, a true khorne army is so simple and straightforward. Slaanesh gives flexibility even with just the noise marine squad.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-10, 04:23 AM

johnnymajic's Flag is: Canada

I could be bias, but I'll have to say Khorne. I do use noise marines aswell because of their versitility.

Just like 5tonsledge said, the people who play bezerkers are just like bezerkers, we're hot headed and love to tear shit apart. Even though they are simple to use, they are hard to master, as soon as someone figures out that inside that rhino is a squad of bezerkers coming towards them, they will do almost anything to stop them. So bezerkers will always have a big red X on their chest so a full khorne army is a little harder to play than the lash, zerks, plague marine and oblit spamming you see.

All I can say is go with what feels right
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-10, 04:49 AM

Waaagh_Bong's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putch. View Post
i 2nd that Slaanesh!

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/40kSig%20bars/sigbar4-1.jpg
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-10, 01:22 PM

Are you a lover (slannesh) or a fighter (khorne)?

If you want to win go with slaanesh- lash is the real trump card here. Otherwise Khorne for cool points. The notion that they are a brain dead army says a lot about those making the suggestion- there is very little stopping them being highly tricksey.

If I was doing it i'd go Khorne.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode