Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Space Hulk on the computer for free

1K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  KarlFranz40k 
#1 ·
Watch the youtube trailer and ask yourself where they got the idea...

Then go over to steam and enjoy.

#3 ·
You know I dont reckon they could get sued on this one. The troops dont look like space marines, the aliens dont look like genestealers and the ship is just a ship.

I wonder if its actually any good.

#4 ·
It is a lot of fun with 4. The missions are on planets and similar. It would be a better description to say that it is a cross between TF, L4D and Alien Breed. It is nothing to do with GW and there is nothing similar to 40k in the game.

I think they will need to improve the way that game groups are formed though, but that will probably be patched.

Not bad at all for a free game :)

#5 ·
If this is the one I think it is, orignally a mod for UT by Black Cat Games, then it's really good, quite hard but really good fun co-op.

I think they were working on a new source version and I'm guessing thats whats been released on Steam

Just checked wiki and thats exactly what it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_Swarm

Awesome :biggrin:

#6 ·
Goddamn this is awesome! I loved the original Alien Swarm when it was a UT mod, and I can't wait to try this out :D Seriously fun in groups, we used to use groups of 6, and you really really had to use tactics and communicate as you played, or you'd be dead very quickly.

Thanks for pointing it out, I'm going to download it now :D

As for "Law suit worthy", this game has more in common with the Aliens movie franchise than with Space Hulk. No lawsuit would ever be made, because no lawsuit would ever win.

#7 ·
Looks awesome, nice find :victory:

Even if it looked terrible i would have played it purely on the strength of the pun : 'a shipload of weapons'

#10 ·
It just looks like a generic sci-fi shoot em' up to me. I don't see anything particularly 'Space Hulk-like' about it, not unless GW decides it owns the rights to the very concept of Space Soldiers fighting bug aliens.

If that's the case, then Robert A. Heinlein would like a word with GW.

#13 ·
Hate... game.

Maybe it's 'cause I'm somewhere around the 30 hour mark of not sleeping, but that game's controls seemed bloody awful and people have a habit of walking in front of your shots constantly and then getting pissed off about it. I'll give it another try tomorrow or later on and see if that helps any. :)

#14 ·
for a free game, its awsome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.