Sick of Fantasy? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
GrizBe's Flag is: England

I'm not really complaining that Fantasy is getting some time it rightly deserves... just saying, its getting far too much time and its a complete overload for alot of people.

GW have to remember that they have just as many, if not more 40k fans then they do fantasy, so its not entirely fair to bombard them with 24/7 fantasy like thy have been doing for the last few weeks, and making the latest WD (not that anyone reads it anymore) compeltely fantasy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
I'm not really complaining that Fantasy is getting some time it rightly deserves... just saying, its getting far too much time and its a complete overload for alot of people.

GW have to remember that they have just as many, if not more 40k fans then they do fantasy, so its not entirely fair to bombard them with 24/7 fantasy like thy have been doing for the last few weeks, and making the latest WD (not that anyone reads it anymore) compeltely fantasy.
Are you actually serious? It's hard to pick up on sarcasm in the written form.

Aramoro
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 11:59 AM
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

I don't care much at all about the release of new Fantasy Rules. But I feel like most people here "Let them have their day". We've had plenty of 40k lately and I have more than enough of things to build and paint anyway (lagging behind as usual).

On the other hand I like it when they release new plastic kits to WHF. It always tickles my imagination to try and look for pieces to use or conversions to make for 40k. So bring on the plastic!

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post

Seriously man, do you live in the real world? Lets recap some basic facts;

1-GW is a business company, it's not there for your enjoyment or anything like that.
2-White Dwarf is an advertising rag that YOU PAY FOR, this is a serious win on GW's part. Most companies pay for airtime or pages/space to advertise, GW makes YOU PAY THEM as they advertise.
3-They want to sell fantasy, I'm getting a feeling that the dudes high up are pushing for an increase in fantasy sales across the board with this new edition. So the lower down staff are just doing their job in ramming it down your throat all the time.

If you don't like that, tough. Seriously, what 40k articles can they deliver that you can't find something of similar quality on the internet?

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 12:17 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3con View Post
It could be worse it could be LoTR.
not likely, they don't like to advertise decent games unless they have to.
(despite people thinking its all WD has in it)
Quote:
Originally Posted by morfangdakka View Post
It could be a lot worse and be all LOTR all the time.
strange, I thought the number one complaint of WD is that it was nothing but LOTR?, thats all you hear all the twats whine about, that white dwarf has no 40k or fantasy articles, not even 1 in any WD, and every single page is lotr?

heck I almost expected people to moan about this issue being full of LOTR and having no fantasy in it at all because people are truly that pathetic.

I wait for the day it is like that, might be worth the money then.

Last edited by Stella Cadente; 07-09-10 at 12:19 PM.
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
GrizBe's Flag is: England

You know.. actually after having been in teh store today and chatting with the manager.... I think I got coverted to liking fantasy...
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 08:32 PM

CaptainLoken's Flag is: Wales

Mainly collect 40k but have a soft spot for fantasy so for me its win win win....

We are charged with the reunification of mankind, throughout the stars, in the name of the Emperor. We seek to establish compliance amongst all the fragmentary and disparate strands. Most greet us like the lost brothers we are. You resisted.’
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 09:43 PM
Rattlehead

I collect Fantasy and 40k, but honestly I went to my GW weekend before last and one out of ooh, nine or ten people played Fantasy. And one was a fat old bald sweaty dude. Not nice.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 10:42 PM

Muffinman's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
not likely, they don't like to advertise decent games unless they have to.
(despite people thinking its all WD has in it)

strange, I thought the number one complaint of WD is that it was nothing but LOTR?, thats all you hear all the twats whine about, that white dwarf has no 40k or fantasy articles, not even 1 in any WD, and every single page is lotr?

heck I almost expected people to moan about this issue being full of LOTR and having no fantasy in it at all because people are truly that pathetic.

I wait for the day it is like that, might be worth the money then.
I agree with Stella, LoTR and WoTR are actually really fun games. I actually beleieve that GW should put a bit more about them in WD, but they dont and as Stella said, people still moan about it being LoTR dominated when that is as far away from the truth as you can possibly get.

When 40k got a new core rulebook a bet a lot of fantasy players were thinking the same thing, "Oh why is 40k getting all the love, oh all 40k all the time why can't they make me happy" So please, stop complaing about who gets more in WD, its just an advertisement that you have to pay for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboytervigon View Post
Go cheese his words are Gouda.
5th Edition Blood Angels: 20/6/16
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 10:54 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

No matter what GW do they tend to over do it and then let it die. They have no sense of subtlty

I was 1st a fantasy player and I love the setting, and to be honest I think 40k gets far to much stuff, or at least SMs get far to much coverage.

It would be nicer if the coverage of all the races in all games was alot more even, when did eldar or tau get decent coverage, and when did Lizardmen or Dwarves (even chaos dwarves) get decent coverage. I'm sick of the only coverage on SM and empire

Last edited by Barnster; 07-09-10 at 10:57 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode