I have an odd Space Marine chapter question... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-10, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Doombreed's Flag is: USA

Default I have an odd Space Marine chapter question...

Alright so this is probubly a real REAL dumb question: Is there any Space Marine Chapter that DOESN'T worship/like/agree/answer to the Emperor?

I ask this because to be honest I love the versitility of the SMarine codex but like the fluff of how Chaos is against the Emperor. It also doesn't help that I'm getting bored of the bland CSMarine codex. I didn't want to just make up a chapter (which I might have to do) with that kind of background or use the SMarine Codex to make an army and call them CSMarines (no offence to any who do).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-10, 09:23 AM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

There are probably several renegade chapters, Soul Drinkers for example like the Emperor but not the Imperium and (after almost falling to Chaos) went renegade.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-10, 09:41 AM

admiraldick's Flag is: United Kingdom

there are theoretically loads of chapters that have turned from the Emperor's light (bare in mind though its illegal for SM to not pay at least lip service to the Big-E, so if you don't, then you are no friend to the Imperium). however, tracking down specific names and details is a bit harder. any of the groups mentioned in the Codex: CSM that are not a faction of one of the Traitor Legions will have been a Chapter and will have been equipped as such. so there is no harm in using the C: SM to represent them. in fact, it used to be the case that the codex for Chaos only represented Legions, as it was assumed that anyone less ancient would not have managed to attract daemons or accrue daemonic artifacts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-10, 10:12 AM

Yeah, Soul Drinkers is one prime example. If you're aiming to create a renagade chapter, that isn't alligned with Chaos or particularly fond of the Imperium, you're best bet is to use a DIY Codex Astartes chapter. They would offer you the best versatility, especially if you don't want to have any Chaos influence and your fluff could be anything from a rogue chapter turned mercenary or supporters of the Tau.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-10, 09:09 PM

Mercenaries are canon-supported, although they evidently tend to fall to Chaos. Can't blame you for hating C:CSM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-10, 12:17 AM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

The Relictors are on the verge of being corrupt or were excommunicated. They hunt for and use weapons and items that are questionable within the eyes of the imperium and may possibly be demonic. I can't remember if they were still with the imperium or not. Could be worth a look into.

Of course the Dark Angels have their secrets too. Nothing saying you couldn't do up an army of the fallen using the C:SM.

As previously mentioned, the Soul Drinkers are deemed traitors but fight in spirit for humanity using everything at their disposal.

And like you said you can always take one of the known named chapters that has no information or background, (just their name really) and do them up your own way too.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-10, 12:24 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

"Is there any Space Marine Chapter that DOESN'T worship/like/agree/answer to the Emperor?"
UM do not view the emperor as a God but view him as a revered ancestor.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-10, 12:56 AM

Calamari's Flag is: United Kingdom

What about Huron blackhearts chapter (astral claws iirc) and the others that were with him during the badab war. I know he is in the CSM codex but you could get some inspiration from that

Follow mine and Jam's 40K delusions at:

crucible-of-fate.blogspot.co.uk

Last edited by Calamari; 07-04-10 at 08:45 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode