Awsesome Counts As Models Link! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-02-10, 08:50 PM
Febris Militarius

Medic Marine's Flag is: Australia

Yes but how many of us actually start that way? A lot of people tailor a force from scratch...

Life is all anatomy lessons and paint brushes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-02-10, 08:51 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

$96 for warmachine. All you need is a battlegroup and the rulebook. If you want paint that is going to add another 17.99 and maybe $4 for a standard brush purchased at a crafts store. Total is around $117.

Ok for orks you will need just a battle for black reach and a codex. Thats 119. Now you have to go buy paints.

Last edited by gen.ahab; 07-02-10 at 09:12 PM.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-02-10, 09:35 PM
DonFer's Flag is: Bolivia

Doesn't a Warmachine battlegroup have only 3-5 minis?? Overpriced seems like an under statement...

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-02-10, 09:40 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonFer View Post
Doesn't a Warmachine battlegroup have only 3-5 minis?? Overpriced seems like an under statement...
Something like that, but that's enough to play with when it comes to Warmachine where that'd be a single squad in 40K.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-02-10, 09:53 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonFer View Post
Yeah but thats your entire army..... opposed to most of the GW starters which you can't even field without buying another 20-30 $ worth of shit.

Last edited by gen.ahab; 07-02-10 at 10:01 PM.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-02-10, 09:58 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
$96 for warmachine. All you need is a battlegroup and the rulebook. If you want paint that is going to add another 17.99 and maybe $4 for a standard brush purchased at a crafts store. Total is around $117.

Ok for orks you will need just a battle for black reach and a codex. Thats 119. Now you have to go buy paints.
why do i need a codex? i can start playing 40k with two armies with assault on black reach for $84.

so with warmachine i get a squad of minis and a rule book for $96

come on now lets be honest here its at the very least $12 cheaper to start 40k and im gonna get a shit load more models too.

When the pirates at privateer can match that deal and the quality/number of minis then the world will sit up and take notice.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-02-10, 10:02 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic Marine View Post
Yes but how many of us actually start that way? A lot of people tailor a force from scratch...
thats not the point though is it, the question was how much an army costs, that is an army.
Quote:

rulebook 20
paints 15
starter set 35
total 70 for up to 5 models a book and paints, and 5 models in the new rules is a complete waste of time really.

for 30 extra your getting almost another 40 models, and if you wanna afford paints, well if your doing marines and selling the orks you have enough money to buy a pot of blue and a pot of yellow and a pot of boltgun and black

or even cheaper, buy black reach, trade orks for marines (or vice versa), buy a few paints, and your done for 50-60, and your opponent only has to spend the same amount if there trading all the extras with you, so you actually have 2 armies for 100-120, instead of 10 models for 140+

despite my dislike for GW, I dislike PP's prices a hell of allot more for the tiny amount that you get

Last edited by Stella Cadente; 07-02-10 at 10:04 PM.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-02-10, 10:21 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

Its still cheaper and faster to set up an army and get to playing with warmachine.

And where do you get your prices? I am getting them of GW and they dont match that at all. Tbh GW games are probably close to the most expensive wargames out there. Yes, with warmachine you are paying alot for one model but that one model is 1/3 of your entire army.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-02-10, 10:34 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
why do i need a codex? i can start playing 40k with two armies with assault on black reach for $84.

so with warmachine i get a squad of minis and a rule book for $96

come on now lets be honest here its at the very least $12 cheaper to start 40k and im gonna get a shit load more models too.

When the pirates at privateer can match that deal and the quality/number of minis then the world will sit up and take notice.
And that 96 is the equivalent of fielding a 1000 point army or so. How much for a 1000 point force from GW? BTW, that 96 is across the board. Can GW say that about each of its armies? Hell no.

Does the AoBR have a codex in it?

Last edited by gen.ahab; 07-02-10 at 10:37 PM.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-02-10, 10:37 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Its still cheaper and faster to set up an army and get to playing with warmachine.

And where do you get your prices? I am getting them of GW and they dont match that at all.
from memory, but now I see black reach is actually 55, not just 50, wow such a huge difference, still 2 black reach, 1 hobby starter set you and friend can share = 140 and 100 models for 2 people.

allot better than 140 and up to 10 models for 2 people, and I'm afraid no matter how much you say 1 model is 1/3rd of your force, its still only 1 model that you've spent a fortune on, the fact its a fraction of your army does not soften the blow in the slightest.

and warmachine ibeing faster does not mean better, if your one of those players who likes to end it in turn 2 then you just both spent 140 to set up 10 models for less than 30 minutes, how can anyone enjoy that?

thats like organizing a mass orgy with 100 teenage women and only lasting 10 minutes everyone is left unsatisfied and with empty wallets from the journey
Quote:
Does the AoBR have a codex in it?
it has rules for the models that come in the box in the box

Last edited by Stella Cadente; 07-02-10 at 10:41 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode