War and Warhammer 40K - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-10, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Duke Vorian's Flag is: USA

Default War and Warhammer 40K

So, I'm due up to deploy soon and a question has come up: If fellow soldier are bringing PS3's, Xbob 360's, tvs along with laptops, could I bring Warhammer along?

This question is geared more so to the soldiers that check this site and have been deployed but any guidance would be appreciated. I'm thinking more so to just paint and build and probably just be a new army in case it gets blown up I won't be too dependent but what do people have to say?

"FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT 'till the break of dawn!" 85th Blade Regiment Moto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-10, 08:53 PM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

You definitely can. But should you? Considering how fragile the models are, I would suggest against it as transport can be pretty rough for delicate objects like miniatures. Most electronics can take the abuse of military shipping but I can't say the same for your models, so unless packaged very well, they may get damaged in transit. Plus there is also the actual rigor of being in the field; There is zero guarantee of their safety in such an environment.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-10, 08:59 PM

I agree with iron angel, i wouldnt really recommend bringing the minis along. The main problem aside from the dangers to the models that i can see is finding someone to play against. I'd stock up on video games.

Quote:
Remember to use the BRB not the SRB from black reach... makes for a much better implement of physical enlightenment through repeated smacking on the head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
Ah... the simpler times of the 1960's. When pedophilia wasn't frowned upon.
“Thou shalt not invite a Banshee to Karaoke”

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-10, 08:59 PM
Unforgiven

gally912's Flag is: USA

I managed to scrounge up some Mordhiem figures and had a game or two when I went over last.

I was too busy for the most part but there were a few weeks in the winter time when nothing went on so it made for a quality game time.

You'd be surprised how well some gear makes for terrain pieces.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-10, 11:15 AM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

i never really had this issue when i deployed i was on a ship so i always had climate control and a place to store my stuff just never had the time to paint and work on things like that since our captain was always runnin drills and makin sure we had lack of slepp for weeks ata time

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-10, 11:27 AM

hellsteath's Flag is: England

This is my first post hear, tho i have been a lurker for ages, Ive gotta say durin my stint in Iraq i never found time to play, but i did get a shed load of painting done, if you wrap the little guys up well or make space in your MFO box for a figure case, you shouldnt have any drams what so ever.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-10, 11:28 AM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

I was wondering the same thing since I'm shipping out in August. Figured I'd just leave what I had here and if it turned out that I would have time to do things then I'd order the stuff from GW and ship it to my sisters and have her mail it to me.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-10, 12:27 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

I'm not in the army, but I've several friends who are... some of them took their minitures with them when they deployed, and as said, managed to get tons of painting done, but not much in the way of playing.

Definately need to take a figure case though as the kit gets alot of jossling about unless your really careful with it.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-10, 04:49 PM

to make this easy for deployment, i suggest gettin epic models as they are alot smaller and easier to stow away...but if you get to your station and you find you have more storage room then have someone send you your stuff after you get there. now if your stuck on a boat then i would suggest getting magnets for yer epic models and play on the walls
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-10, 10:25 PM

Anensenef's Flag is: USA

if your going to be deployed in a the good ol' USA or in Europe then yes, if in the middle east then no...

W/L/T
Iron Hands 16/5/3
Hive Fleet Klendathu 3/0/0
Mr. Rulebook, Blessed of the Dice gods.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode