New edition please. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-17-10, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

quachill's Flag is: USA

New edition please.

Well I don't know about other gaming clubs but mine has become a wall of vehicles. Every one just puts everything they can in vehicles and gets in your face.
That coupled with the annoying sweeping advance rule where one guy can run down a 30 man unit and I say we got problems.

The over powered codexs cant be fixed but with a new addition I would like to see vehicles become more dangerous for there passengers if the explode. Maybe no armor save just a straight wound check.

Modify or get rid of the sweeping advance rule. I know its there to speed up the game but seeing one model wipe out 30 is just ridiculous.

Complaining done, going up to have my nids get ran over by the wall of rhinos and land raiders.

"Governments can be useful to the governed only as long as inherent tendencies towards tyranny are restrained"- God Emperor of Dune, Frank Herbert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-17-10, 04:54 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Your nids have trouble with walls of armor? Odd, with all the MCs, Rending, and high STR assaults, I thought you'd enjoy crunchy shells with chewey centers!
post #3 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-17-10, 04:56 PM

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm not a massive fan of mech myself - or sweeping advance either - but 5th still has legs.

6th will probably hit maybe 2012 or 2013 which would seem about right.

If you really don't like mech, try adding more terrain to the feild. Tanks become less appealing if they can't squeeze between rubble and get immobalised too often by dangerous terrain.

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points

post #4 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-17-10, 05:02 PM

jaws900's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by quachill View Post
Complaining done, going up to have my nids get ran over by the wall of rhinos and land raiders.
And thats why you are complaining. Nids are rahter new so there codex was built in mind wiht 5th gen. Also it semes funny to me that the person complaing aobut lots of tanks and lone modals beatting down the horde is very ironic(if thats the write word) from a player who has NO tanks and attakcs with the horde.

We need new codexs for Necrons, Dark Eldar, Witch Hunters and Daemon Hunters before we even think about a new rule book. Also it only came out a while ago and just becuase your army might be struggling you want to re-write the rule book. the main thing you do is build a new list to combat these problems. You can get sweepign advanced if your fearless so Synapse and get some Zaonthropes and monsters.

"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

People i have turned into Chaos Spawn
Marneus Calgar
Pedro Kantor
Terminator Chaplin
Terminator Apothecary
post #5 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-17-10, 05:05 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

I doubt you'll get much sympathy, I find the attitude from allot of players since 5th has changed to something quite disgusting "if your not playing mech your a worthless piece of crap and you don't deserve to play this game" and then continuing to belittle, mock and insult you for as long as they possibly can due to there god complex.

post #6 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-17-10, 05:19 PM

Calamari's Flag is: United Kingdom

Cool your boots, the rule book isn't you're problem, it's you're local meta game, you can't cry out for the nerd stick because of it. What you do is adapt and counter thier list. Facing rhinos and chimeras? Load up on Hive Guard, got Land Raider trouble? Get some Zoanthropes on the go. 40k is a very Darwinian game so all you can do is adapt and counter in a cycle that keeps the game fresh. I've played since 3rd and I think this is the best edition yet.

As for mech, sure it's normally the most efficient option but it's not the only one. I've played against foot slogging CSM before and that was a challenge, there were so many marines...

Follow mine and Jam's 40K delusions at:

crucible-of-fate.blogspot.co.uk
post #7 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-17-10, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

quachill's Flag is: USA

Can I crack armor? Certainly. Do I want to make every one of my lists with 30%-50% armour cracking units? NO! I would like to build fun versatile lists. In my local store the wall of armor dictates almost half my list design. That didn't use to be the case. I'm tired of fighting a ton of mech.

It basically comes down to if, I want to have half a chance of winning I have almost 50% of my list forced upon me because of the prevalence of mech lists.
I only dedicated 25% to 33% of my list to armour cracking in the past. This gave me alot of flexibility in list building. Meh I've been playing this game for years and I skipped 4ed entirely so I guess if Mech just stays out of hand in my area I can break for another edition. It just sucks, I like my codex its versatile, I just don't have any opponents who aren't hard core power gamers.

ok off to play may get some arbys or something. Green elf needs food badly!!

"Governments can be useful to the governed only as long as inherent tendencies towards tyranny are restrained"- God Emperor of Dune, Frank Herbert
post #8 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-17-10, 07:26 PM

Don_Keyballs's Flag is: Canada

Play some where else... simple as that. If you want opponents who aren't all in mech... find new opponents. You say that you don't have the versatility to build the lists you want... to be frank... you can build any list you want... If you want to win 90% of the time... then you have to build a list to counter your opponents. Complaining that you hate building lists so you can win is like Complaining that the cheery on top of your ice cream is too sweet.
post #9 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-17-10, 07:33 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Pretty much, sounds like you've just got a suck gaming group. If every playr has to rely on mechs to do anything on teh battlefeild, they can't be that good of players or are just a bunch of immature 'more power' types in it for winning rather then fun.
post #10 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-17-10, 07:36 PM

It does seem strange that a vehicle could explode in a massive fireball, yet every passenger can potentially escape to safety without a scratch. But I digress.

Why don't you speak to the players themselves and ask them if they wish to run a less mechanized list for a change? The problem, as pointed out previously even by yourself, is the type of players you are dealing with. Try suggesting events at your local gaming that cater to your interests. Get creative if it's such a problem, but given the nature of Warhammer you really should be using a big portion of your list to counter your opponents anyway.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode