New edition please. - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-24-10, 08:41 PM

I agree with Katie here. I believe you can't really criticize something unless you are a certain level of skill with it. if you're not very good at the game, not anyone in particular just in general here, then there's a very high chance that it's your grasp of tactics, list building and all that stuff, not the actual game itself.

Newer Codices are not broken or over powered. BA having FNP pretty much in the entire army people are calling over powered and broken. Chaos codex is how old and you could have an entire army of t5 FNP guys in that.

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-25-10, 03:15 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Keyballs View Post
FIND NEW PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH.
I always laugh at how people like to make this sound so easy, I really do, everyone seems to imagine you can just cross a road and find a bunch of new players to game with, not realising allot of people have no transport, live many miles from the next GW and simply cannot afford to keep finding new players when the first bunch are jerks.

plus there is no guarantee the next bunch even if you do find them, will be better people to play against, your more than likely to find worse people to play against, people you wouldn't give the time of day even if they begged you to let them use there broken list against you so they have the satisfaction of beating you without you standing a cat in hells chance.

afterall the sign of a true gamer apparently these days is someone who can and does do that on a regular basis while claiming every codex is fair and balanced.

I just have this feeling that one day (maybe next week) GW could write codex SPESS MAHREENS again and give every marine a 2+ save and invulnerable, 2+ FNP while dual wielding 2 twin-linked multi meltas that they can fire on the move and increase the range to 72" all for 10pts and you would STILL have people claim its far and balanced and in no wy codex creep.........while proceeding to pick on new players to further heighten there sense of smug satisfaction to claim themselves as warhammer gods

Last edited by Stella Cadente; 06-25-10 at 03:20 AM.
post #63 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-25-10, 03:19 AM

Kirby's Flag is: Australia

Don't recall anyone claiming all books are fair and balanced? The new books are whilst the older books generally suffer from mono-builds because of poor codex design (you know, from 3rd and 4th edition?). SOme of those builds are very good (Eldar, DE, Tau, Witchunters) and some are plain crap (Necrons, Daemons, Daemonhunters, Chaos, Orks).

Otherwise agree with Katie. It's like when the world cup or olypmics rolls around. Everyone becomes an expert and the crap you hear...sigh.

post #64 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-25-10, 03:26 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Otherwise agree with Katie. It's like when the world cup or olypmics rolls around. Everyone becomes an expert and the crap you hear...sigh.
No kidding. This is what happens when you let a bunch of people who don't know what they're talking about say whatever comes to mind.
post #65 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-25-10, 03:28 AM
blahblahblahblah

Quote:
Don't recall anyone claiming all books are fair and balanced?
if you claim a book isn't broken and overpowerd, then what else is it?, well apart from the claims of codexes being shit and underpowered usually made by competitive players because there usual tactic of copy+paste=win doesn't work
Quote:
suffer from mono-builds because of poor codex design (you know, from 3rd and 4th edition?)
oh the glory days of third, when every army I saw was completely different to another, but all equally capable of winning as the next, if thats down to poor codex design and mono-builds then gimme more of that tasty 3rd (but cut out the rending 4th)

better than the MECH FOR THE WINZOR!!!! 5th, where if your not playing mech you had better not reveal yourself, otherwise those gamers will come to were you live and murder your family and call you dumb.

no really I would honestly believe some would happily murder your family just because your not a mech fan.

post #66 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-25-10, 03:50 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
well apart from the claims of codexes being shit and underpowered usually made by competitive players because there usual tactic of copy+paste=win doesn't work
Except if you really look at the discussions, you'll find that it isn't actually like that. Seriously, competitive players aren't demons. At least not most of 'em.

Quote:
oh the glory days of third, when every army I saw was completely different to another, but all equally capable of winning as the next, if thats down to poor codex design and mono-builds then gimme more of that tasty 3rd (but cut out the rending 4th)
Huh? But every army in 3rd was either an assault army or a shooty army. One player would Rhino Rush the shooty player and... yeah. That was basically 3rd in a nutshell. There were tons of awesome variant lists and stuff, that was great, but high level play was actually insanely simplistic.

Quote:
better than the MECH FOR THE WINZOR!!!! 5th, where if your not playing mech you had better not reveal yourself, otherwise those gamers will come to were you live and murder your family and call you dumb.

no really I would honestly believe some would happily murder your family just because your not a mech fan.
Again, it's really not anywhere even close to this bad in most places. If your local group is really this awful (which I kinda doubt, it sounds like a bit of exaggeration) seriously look into finding a new group. Check online and see if there are any other groups nearby or whatever and see if they're any better. Not much to lose by doing so.
post #67 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-25-10, 04:23 AM
blahblahblahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
Huh? But every army in 3rd was either an assault army or a shooty army. One player would Rhino Rush the shooty player and... yeah. That was basically 3rd in a nutshell. There were tons of awesome variant lists and stuff, that was great, but high level play was actually insanely simplistic.
never what I saw or experienced, players who focused on one point always lost, players who took a selection of everything would win if they used it properly against another player doing the same, sure it had flaws, but they could of been fixed quite easily

allot less powergamers back in 3rd as well in my experience, seemed more friendly compared to the drowning amount of assholes 4th created who tagged along with 5th to infect practically everyone who plays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
If your local group is really this awful (which I kinda doubt, it sounds like a bit of exaggeration)
it used to be this awful when I played in GW's, once I stopped completely and played in my club things got fine, but I find the players I have met in GW store are as bad as this, maybe worse but I can't express fully how bad without swearing in different languages to get my point across

Last edited by Stella Cadente; 06-25-10 at 04:31 AM.
post #68 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-25-10, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT40k View Post
Overpowered is a completely relative term in a game where you have multiple ways to make a good list. Really the only codex that should complain is Orks... Everybody else has competative builds (if limited)
Uhhh, crons don't, and daemons, daemonhunters, and chaos have issues, but otherwise yeah, pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorothis View Post
Thou shalt not become a crybaby when the Gods turn their gaze away from you and thou rolleth ones like they areth earning thou money. Thou shalt acccept thine defeat and implore the Gods that they may go easy on thine arse next time.
post #69 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-25-10, 10:52 PM
Ask me about Pins

CLT40k's Flag is: USA

if you claim a book isn't broken and overpowerd, then what else is it?, well apart from the claims of codexes being shit and underpowered usually made by competitive players because there usual tactic of copy+paste=win doesn't work
Dude, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it... You're completely full of crap.

The way you describe it you've been crucified for your beliefs and driven from the halls of gaming by the evil gamers... Bullshit... I think you just like to whine. In your 4300+ posts do you have ANYTHING positive about the game to say? Cause all I've read so far is "I like to make dramatic emo statements about the game... waaaahhh" --- please, post a link to where you've said something constructive that wasn't whiny...

Honestly, if you're anything like your internet self in real life, I'm not surprized you can't find folks to play with... It's pretty clear to me that 5th edition is not your cup of tea... AND THAT'S OK. I'm sorry you don't like tanks... I SUPPORT YOUR RIGHT TO NOT LIKE TANKS. But guess what, it's part of the game so either get OK with it or find another game to play... cause it's not going away no matter how much you whine about Broken/cheesy/beardy/mean people who are hurting your feelings.

Here's a thought....

Last edited by CLT40k; 06-25-10 at 10:54 PM.
post #70 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-26-10, 09:03 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Dude, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it... You're completely full of crap.

The way you describe it you've been crucified for your beliefs and driven from the halls of gaming by the evil gamers... Bullshit... I think you just like to whine. In your 4300+ posts do you have ANYTHING positive about the game to say? Cause all I've read so far is "I like to make dramatic emo statements about the game... waaaahhh" --- please, post a link to where you've said something constructive that wasn't whiny...
In my short time on this forum this is probably the most blatant personal attack I have every seen. The whole point of a thread is to discuss our thoughts and opinions on the topic. Putting someone (yes, even Stella) down because their opinion conflicts with yours is: A) Rude, B) Against the forum rules, and C) Against the point of the thread. It's annoying that on this forum as soon as anyone criticizes, or offers a negative opinion on; GW, their policy, or one of their gaming systems, they're immediately told to 'quit whining'.

Remember for every negative, complaining 'whiner' on this forum there are a dozen just as annoying people who believe GW and anything they do has descended from the heavens to whisk humanity away to the promised lands. I find them just as annoying, but the two extremes in opinion cancel each other out and give a nice balanced discussion.

Quote:
But guess what, it's part of the game so either get OK with it or find another game to play... cause it's not going away no matter how much you whine about Broken/cheesy/beardy/mean people who are hurting your feelings.
I don't see the problem with people criticizing the game, or 'whining' as you prefer to call it. Criticism helps to improve things. If my read through the 8th ed fantasy rule-book has taught me anything it's that GW is actually starting to listen to people's complaints and suggestions (Huzza! Finally!). Now's the time to whine and complain! Bitch and moan about parts of the game you dislike, cause if enough people complain about it GW may actually change it next edition.

Now back on topic:

Lets face it, 5th ed is not fun. It's boring, it's predictable and it's devoid of any large variance. On the outside it's still 40k, but it's missing it's heart and soul and everything else that separated it from the pack of mediocre miniature games. Now I need to go throw myself off a roof for being so lame.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode