New edition please. - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-18-10, 08:49 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT40k View Post
Stella - Wow, so am I guessing that you're one of these guys who goes up the the shop...
which shop?, if your referring to an GW I dont play in them because there all full of wankers and WAAC players who do actually all happen to play mech (along with cheating like its going outta fashion)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT40k View Post
And, what if I really like tanks... why are you crapping on my dreams and imagination.
then do a tank army, mechanized has a focus on transports, not tanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-18-10, 09:02 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

You forgot the inevitable smell of unwashed male that fills every orifice of the store.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #23 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-18-10, 09:13 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosRedCorsairLord View Post
You forgot the inevitable smell of unwashed male that fills every orifice of the store.
oh of course and that, I can't stand walking into them these days if I need to get a pot of paint or summit, having to hold your breath as some staff member treats you like a 5yr old (without the molestation) and tries to sell you SPESS MAHREENS when all you want is devlan mud and to piss off so you can breath.

post #24 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-18-10, 09:19 AM

Calamari's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
which shop?, if your referring to an GW I dont play in them because there all full of wankers and WAAC players who do actually all happen to play mech (along with cheating like its going outta fashion)

then do a tank army, mechanized has a focus on transports, not tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosRedCorsairLord View Post

Well screw you guys, I play in a gw, it's a great place to hang out, I'm almost garunteed a game, I don't have to pay to play, I wash more than once a week and never, ever cheat and I can vouch for pretty much everyone there which includes a few heretics. Don't go making generalisations.

Back on topic, quachill, don't get mad at mech, get even

Follow mine and Jam's 40K delusions at:

crucible-of-fate.blogspot.co.uk
post #25 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-18-10, 09:23 AM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Pretty obvious CLT40k is a clueless troll when they've only made 3 posts and they're all on here... . You obvious don't get the game is about having fun... not being an obnoxious jackass which you clearly seem to be.

The point I was making is if you have to rely on mechs to win the game for you, your clearly not very good at it and only care about 'power' rather then tactics and being adapatable to cope with different missions.
post #26 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-18-10, 09:51 AM

Let me try to get this straight: this argument is all about something that is meant to be fun and entertaining? this is over some toy soldiers?

Im cool with people having their own opinions (in fact I recommend them to) but dont share them if it will just cause an argument and bad feelings between people.

There is nothing wrong with mech. Sure its powerful, but playing against strong lists makes you a better player.

This is a hobby, something you do for entertainment, not something to argue over.I like playing against strong lists, makes me a better player and i might learn some new tactics along the way. I really dont see why people are trying to label each other as whiny bitches in this thread, its a game.

Quote:
Remember to use the BRB not the SRB from black reach... makes for a much better implement of physical enlightenment through repeated smacking on the head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
Ah... the simpler times of the 1960's. When pedophilia wasn't frowned upon.
“Thou shalt not invite a Banshee to Karaoke”
post #27 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-18-10, 09:51 AM

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

Quote:
I doubt you'll get much sympathy, I find the attitude from allot of players since 5th has changed to something quite disgusting "if your not playing mech your a worthless piece of crap and you don't deserve to play this game" and then continuing to belittle, mock and insult you for as long as they possibly can due to there god complex.
100% correct.

Also, telling Stella hes a shitty player (blunt summary of CLT40K's post) is like telling a Bloodcrusher its pink.

Regarding the OP's problem, I'd seriously consider finding either a new club or new players who aren't dicks. Or you could go for maximum competitiveness, fuck up their lists like its no problem then watch them cry and rage, and roast a delicious barbeQQ on the fires of their impotent fury. But thats just me being a vengeful player.

EDIT: oh and also what jasonfly said. Wise post indeed.

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons

Last edited by Khorothis; 06-18-10 at 10:03 AM.
post #28 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-18-10, 10:15 AM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

I had the same problem with my CSM for years, since almost everyone in my gaming center played either hybrid or solid mech. However instead of completely changing up my list I just fitted a melta gun on all mobile squads, and used my hovoc/artilerry with more AT weapons. I know nids lack the versatility to simply jam a extra 8 models into a list and instantly have AT capability, but with good all rounders like genestealers and MC's you should be able to do ok without refitting your lists. Also try forcing people to emergency disembark by surrounding the vehicle exits with stuff like gaunts when your bigger stuff assaults (Trust me mech players hate the idea of having to sit pinned for a turn surrounded by CC units)..

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #29 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-18-10, 12:27 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
oh of course and that, I can't stand walking into them these days if I need to get a pot of paint or summit, having to hold your breath as some staff member treats you like a 5yr old (without the molestation) and tries to sell you SPESS MAHREENS when all you want is devlan mud and to piss off so you can breath.
Which is your local GW so I know not to game there? GW Stoke is a nice place to game though you get your usual bunch of dicks like in any social situation, I'd like to say the same for GW Crewe but I've only been in there twice.
post #30 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-18-10, 02:02 PM

Lord Rahl's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
PMSL this sooooooo true about most GWs +rep, on the subject of the post, the OP needs to stop complaining and just go with the flow after all its a f***ing GAME not a life or death situation, just get on with it and play the best you can, and have some fun, losing can be fun you know.

All mon-keigh must die
We who are about to die, Salute you!

http://www.facebook.com/prettypreciousjewellery

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode