Challenge- Favourite Legion - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-10, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Challenge- Favourite Legion

I saw this this idea on another forum (and I duly took part in it there) so I thought I'd cart the idea over here where there are far more intelligent, reasonable people... I can berate constantly into agreeing with me.
I can't really beat the original author's introduction so I'll let him speak for me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleboy7250
I figured it would be fun to see everybody's favorite legion in a not so bland post or vote. Instead I figured let's do it as a voting challenge. Everyone get's a chance to voice their opinion, talk a little smack, and hopefully have a good time.
Start with a list of the Legion's

Blood Angels (9)

Dark Angels (9)

Imperial Fists (9)

Iron Hands (9)

Raven Guard (9)

Salamanders (9)

Space Wolves (9)

Ultramarines (9)

White Scars (9)

Quote the above list in your post, but with the altered numbers for each Legion present in the post before yours, and give a +1 to one Legion and a -1 to another (you must do both!). Only 1 vote of plus and minus otherwise your votes will be discounted

When a Legion reaches 0, they are eliminated- when a Legion is eliminated the process starts again with the remaining Legions (so this could take a while to strip it back to the No.1 Legion).

Here's an example (and my own vote)

Quote:
Blood Angels (9)

Dark Angels (9)

Imperial Fists (9)

Iron Hands (9)

Raven Guard (9)

Salamanders (9)

Space Wolves (8) -1

Ultramarines (10) +1

White Scars (9)

Ultramarines- they might not have saved the Emperor but they did save the Imperium, the fact that they're so obviously misunderstood by most people as being boring and useless despite their own favoourite Legion probably having done less for the Imperium (a very peculiar complaint is that it took so long for them to get to Terra when they don't make the same criticism about the Space Wolves/Dark Angels despite those Legions being much, much slower in transit considering the distance they travelled- that's just being ignorant and hypocritical)

Space Wolves- ignorant, barbaric savages that have no concept of diplomacy or honour beyond their own twisted, malleable version of the term.

Note: this didn't seem to fit the 40k Fluff section properly so at a loss I put it here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-10, 11:15 AM

Blood Angels (10) + 1

Dark Angels (9)

Imperial Fists (9)

Iron Hands (9)

Raven Guard (9)

Salamanders (9)

Space Wolves (7) -1

Ultramarines (10)

White Scars (9)

I really liked the old Blood Angels fluff from Angels of Death, Space Furries are just very poorly thought out fluff-wise and suffer really badly from the MOAR-Awesome complex that Space Marines suffer from.

Aramoro
post #3 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-10, 11:22 AM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Blood Angels (11) + 1

Dark Angels (9)

Imperial Fists (9)

Iron Hands (9)

Raven Guard (9)

Salamanders (9)

Space Wolves (7)

Ultramarines (9) -1

White Scars (9)

Blood Angels - the Chapter that first drew me into 40k with their great fluff and torture honour because of the sacrifice of their Primarch to save the universe.

Ultramarines - A bunch of overhyped pretty boys that are actually pretty usless when you read their fluff properly and are only ina possition of power as they got lucky enough to have a dumb Primarch and didn't do any fighting during the Heresy as they were miles from it.

post #4 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-10, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
Ultramarines - A bunch of overhyped pretty boys that are actually pretty usless when you read their fluff properly and are only ina possition of power as they got lucky enough to have a dumb Primarch and didn't do any fighting during the Heresy as they were miles from it.
With this sort of argument I wonder why people don't dislike the Dark Angels even more than the Ultramarines- they did even less than the UM during the Heresy they did relatively bugger all during the Scouring wilst the Ulramarines were out holding the Imperium together and since then they can hardly be said to be working in favour of the Imperium most of the time...
post #5 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-10, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
With this sort of argument I wonder why people don't dislike the Dark Angels even more than the Ultramarines- they did even less than the UM during the Heresy they did relatively bugger all during the Scouring wilst the Ulramarines were out holding the Imperium together and since then they can hardly be said to be working in favour of the Imperium most of the time...
Actually, in official fluff, even though they were miles away at the time of the Heresy.. they were the first to arrive back, long before the Ultramarines.. Plus, the half of the legion that was their did alot to help rebuild the Imperium.... They weren't at full strength and had helped in the fighting.

Plus given half their legion were courupted by Luthor and the returning Angels had to destroy their own planet to defeat the fallen... its hard for them to be expected to do much when they no longer had a proper recruiting world and devoted a large portion of their time to tracking down their fallen brothers.
post #6 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-10, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
Actually, in official fluff, even though they were miles away at the time of the Heresy.. they were the first to arrive back, long before the Ultramarines.. Plus, the half of the legion that was their did alot to help rebuild the Imperium.... They weren't at full strength and had helped in the fighting.

Plus given half their legion were courupted by Luthor and the returning Angels had to destroy their own planet to defeat the fallen... its hard for them to be expected to do much when they no longer had a proper recruiting world and devoted a large portion of their time to tracking down their fallen brothers.
They only (with the Space Wolves) arrived at Terra a day or 2 before the Ultramarines despite the UM having to cross 2 3rds of the galaxy to get to Terra- and the DA did basically bugger all to rebuild the Imperium, the Space Wolves were in a far worse situation than them numbers wise but even they did more to help.
Plus the Dark Angels didn't even know any of the Fallen had survived Caliban till long after the Scouring...
post #7 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-10, 12:01 PM
Banned

Blood Angels (10) -1

Dark Angels (9)

Imperial Fists (10) +1

Iron Hands (9)

Raven Guard (9)

Salamanders (9)

Space Wolves (7)

Ultramarines (9)

White Scars (9)

Imperial Fists: For the defence of Terra in the times of such great heresy and then being able to split thier legion so many times and still kick ass

Blood Angels - How can 1 army obviously continue to embrace a flaw that leads them to the path of chaos and for that matter be super human and not overcome the black rage!
post #8 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-10, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liger View Post
Blood Angels - How can 1 army obviously continue to embrace a flaw that leads them to the path of chaos and for that matter be super human and not overcome the black rage!
Yet.. they've been embracing that flaw since the Heresy when their Primarch sacrificed himself.... 10 thousand years and they've still not fallen to chaos, where as many lesser chapters have less flaws and they fall easily.
post #9 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-10, 01:08 PM

Kirby's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Blood Angels (10)

Dark Angels (8) -1

Imperial Fists (10)

Iron Hands (9)

Raven Guard (9)

Salamanders (9)

Space Wolves (7)

Ultramarines (9)

White Scars (10) +1
Everyone knows the White Scars beat up on the Ravenwing...right? =D
post #10 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-10, 01:13 PM

Khazaddum's Flag is: Scotland

Blood Angels (10)

Dark Angels (9) + 1

Imperial Fists (10)

Iron Hands (9)

Raven Guard (8) -1

Salamanders (9)

Space Wolves (7)

Ultramarines (9)

White Scars (10)

Love the Dark Angels, especially their fluff.

Raven Guard get the -1 because they suck

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode