Who won soulstorm? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-06-10, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Default Who won soulstorm?

We know the Blood Ravens won Dark Crusade as Thule survived and they have some wargear that mentions it in DOW2. However we know that the Blood Ravens were defeated in Soulstorm.

That begs the question of who won? Gorgutz probably lost as otherwise he'd have a Waaaaaagh! all set up for his reappearence which isn't noramlly how he does it. The eldar and imperial guard endings both end with the third planet abbandoned but the others re-colonised by the imperium.Finally I found the most eventful to be the chaos ending as they prepare for a bigger war, perhaps setting the scene for a re-appearence. But is there any way we can tell who won?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-06-10, 07:49 PM

Necrosis's Flag is: Canada

Dawn of War 2 hints that Guard won but it is unsure. We do know the blood ravens lost due to Dawn of War 2.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-06-10, 07:51 PM

Imperial Guard, evidently. Bit odd, seeing as they'd lost half their meager forces before most of the others even showed up, but meh. Seems the Kauruvan Conservators are at least as skilled as Gaunt's Ghosts...

Eldar-unlikely
Chaos- Metal boxes? Doubt it.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-06-10, 09:24 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

I'd probably say that the Sisters won Soulstorm... their ending seemed the most possitive in my mind...

Chaos, Blood Ravens, Dark Eldar, Normal Eldar, Necron and Tau certainly didn't win in my mind... so that only really leaves the SoB's, Orks or Guards.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-06-10, 09:31 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

How can you doubt the guard the governer packed off 100 baneblades the day before the conflict, who has 100 baneblades to ship out.

I want to say eldar, but its never really been clarified, all we know is that the BRs lost and that made cyrus sad
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-06-10, 09:33 PM

As much as I like to say that sisters won I would have to disagree. The fact that Cyrus survived and manage to return to the chapter indicates that the Imperial Guard won.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-06-10, 10:16 PM

ABADDON 2319's Flag is: United Kingdom

oww i dont know but if any one remembers assaulting the imp guard bace the Commissar talks about a shipment of 100 BANEBLADES! so i dont know but i can put my money on any other army that DIDNT have 100 baneblades! LOL
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-06-10, 11:18 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

You could argue that Soulstorm possibly ended in a stalemate... Cyrus said that 'The campaign was a mistake'. Even though we know that the BR's lost it, you could take that as meaning it was a mistake for anyone to try and take over the entire system and that everyone suffered heavy losses.

Ig's couldn't have done that good though... if you ship off 100 Baneblades, and leave yourself with 0 to defend yourself, so you have to build them all again... that just really kicks of bad leadership to me. Add to the fact the mission where you disrupt their supply lines so easily because the routes practically undefended... You've got Valks, why not air lift supplies, or have the factories for the parts near each other so you don't risk ambush on the supply routes?

Thing is, The IG failing to aid the Marines, and also failing to aid the Sisters... If the IG HAD won, attacking the Sisters is Heresy, so the entire system would be up for investigation, and Slaughtering the emperors marines is tanamount to treason too... even if they did win, they'd have lost too as the =I= would be on their asses asap to see why the comander didn't aid forces he should have done.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-06-10, 11:24 PM

The whole soulstrom idea with 9 armies fighting each other wasn't a great idea. I think the best explanation is that it was an illusion created by the Deceiver.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-06-10, 11:40 PM

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Didn't Iron Lore state that the cannonical ending was victory for the guard?

I'm sure I heard that.

We also know that Indrik 'Spess Mehrens' Boreal died. which is all to the good.

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode