'Ard Boyz Prelim Results - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-10, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
genesis108's Flag is: USA

Icon 'Ard Boyz Prelim Results

My LGS had alot of people turn out, here were the results.

1st Place: Codex Marines
2nd Place: Blood Angels
3rd Place: Imperial Guard

Post up your LGS's top 3 results here so people can see what armies are moving on in competitive play.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-10, 10:31 PM
SHarrington's Flag is: USA

The Armory in Redding California

1st: Nids (1st turn denial list)
Tied 2nd/3rd: Chaos Demons (no shooting list) / Black Templar (Deathstar Command squad with allied Grey Knight Master)
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-10, 11:58 PM

1. Mixed ork list Nobz on bikes or in trukks plus ghaz in a battlewagon with boyz followed by 75 boyz and backed up by various other things.

2. Mobile Eldar, lots of war walkers falcons and jetbikes

3. Foot spacewolves with logan grimnar and a wolfguard uber unit supported by lots of grey hunters and long fangs with a few units of guys in rhinos

I played the ork list, generally I saw a lot of gunlines and a few mech lists, fortunately for me i got matched with no mech lists so it worked out well for me.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-10, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHarrington View Post
The Armory in Redding California

1st: Nids (1st turn denial list)
Off topic but how does a nide list get to be called a 1st turn denial list. what does it do?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-10, 12:37 AM
SHarrington's Flag is: USA

Outflanking Genestealers with Deepstriking Trygon, Doom, and Zoanthropes, all supported by Reserved Harpies, Biovores, and Hive Guard for long range support. Top it off with the Swarmlord in Reserves (Alien Cunning works at the tournament I played at).

If you go second. Don't deploy unless the opponent also didn't deploy, then you rush across the table with everything and sack him when he enters piece meal.

If you go first, don't deploy.

You want to go second preferably.

Your opponent will scurry around for two turns castling up in the center, where the biovores, doom, mycetics with cluster spines, hive guard, and Harpies will converge (most of the time all at once) and lay waste, giving your Trygon and Swarmlord time to position himself to kill off the toughest units. You will have denied your opponent 1 turn of shooting in a six turn game, and if you went second you denied him 2 turns of shooting (even better!).

Sounds pretty weak huh?

Except that the entire time your 5 minimized Broodlord led genestealer squads are seizing objectives or massacreing anyone that didn't castle up in the center.

This list also trounces Space Marine Drop Pod Assault and Deathwing Assault for obvious reasons. It also gives you the Alpha Strike against a Alpha Strike Imperial Guard Army.

The best counter I have seen is a master of the fleet in a leaf blower with a Inquisitor with Mystics.

Last edited by SHarrington; 05-18-10 at 12:42 AM.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-10, 03:33 AM

Skull Harvester's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHarrington View Post
Outflanking Genestealers with Deepstriking Trygon, Doom, and Zoanthropes, all supported by Reserved Harpies, Biovores, and Hive Guard for long range support. Top it off with the Swarmlord in Reserves (Alien Cunning works at the tournament I played at).

If you go second. Don't deploy unless the opponent also didn't deploy, then you rush across the table with everything and sack him when he enters piece meal.

If you go first, don't deploy.

You want to go second preferably.

Your opponent will scurry around for two turns castling up in the center, where the biovores, doom, mycetics with cluster spines, hive guard, and Harpies will converge (most of the time all at once) and lay waste, giving your Trygon and Swarmlord time to position himself to kill off the toughest units. You will have denied your opponent 1 turn of shooting in a six turn game, and if you went second you denied him 2 turns of shooting (even better!).

Sounds pretty weak huh?

Except that the entire time your 5 minimized Broodlord led genestealer squads are seizing objectives or massacreing anyone that didn't castle up in the center.

This list also trounces Space Marine Drop Pod Assault and Deathwing Assault for obvious reasons. It also gives you the Alpha Strike against a Alpha Strike Imperial Guard Army.

The best counter I have seen is a master of the fleet in a leaf blower with a Inquisitor with Mystics.

If you get a chance, could you show me a list of what this army consists of? Sounds interesting.

Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls. These are some of my favourite things.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-10, 06:56 AM

ravager37's Flag is: USA

1. Nids
2. Khorne Demons
3. salamanders
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-10, 08:50 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

1 - Orks
2 - Orks
3 - Orks

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-19-10, 01:38 AM

Warlock in Training's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
1 - Orks
2 - Orks
3 - Orks
Hmmm so hard to decide which race has the best mutiple builds
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-19-10, 03:05 AM

1- Me, Eldar (Warp Spiders/Maugan Ra)
2- Space Wolves (2 DP, Lots of Rune Priests)
3- Eldar (Bike Council)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode