If Games Workshop came out with a new army what would you want it to be? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-14-08, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

majorbragdon's Flag is: Canada

Default If Games Workshop came out with a new army what would you want it to be?

I would like to see what you would like them to make for a new army if they did make a new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-14-08, 08:42 PM

I think a race that has a lot of special weapondry and chariot like tanks. I'm thinking a crystal being race that destroys planets after captureing all life to use to power a giant crystal that keeps thier race alive or something like that.
post #3 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-14-08, 09:44 PM

chocolate ghost army! They could all have the infiltrate special rule, an invulnerable save, and guns that shoot 9000 degree hot fudge

Sig made by Tau Chaotix

post #4 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-14-08, 09:50 PM
Hespithe's Flag is: USA

Either Jawas or Tribles. 40K needs a more humorous race, as the Orks are getting more and more severe as time passes.

How about a technologically backward race, similar to what you'd find in an Ork army, but not because they are so haphazard, but rather because they don't believe that Technology is the answer to any worthwhile question. The army would be blessed with two very obvious qualities...
1. The army would have a very heavy combat theme. None of the models would be anything like a Marine, but rather, think along the lines of hulking intelligent brutes. They would only have Str4, and an armor of 4+, but every model in the core units would be To5. None of these combat brutes would have ranged weapons, though they would have something similar to Fleet.
2. Technology is something this race would revere as the lesson of lost causes. The race would be very religious, and in some cases quite hokey. Shamans (Psykers) would feature as indy characters and squad upgrades. The only 'shooting' in the army would be done through Psychic powers, though the usual system of casting/hooding would have to be altered to make this at all worthwhile. Great beasts would represent the army's 'vehicle' equivalent, and I do imagine that chariots could make an appearance for Fast units.

I'm done being serious now...

Tribles for the WIN!!!

Last edited by Hespithe; 02-14-08 at 09:59 PM.
post #5 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-14-08, 09:59 PM

Engelus's Flag is: USA

a race of CC space pirate humans which can steal and use weapons after winning close combat.

~ Engelus
post #6 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-14-08, 10:12 PM

A race of CC monsters of people who come from where Nids come from, and were the first race to actually piss the nids off altogether...... And immune to rending :D Stealer kiss my backside now!
post #7 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-14-08, 10:14 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

MY race!!
seriously i wrote a codex from scratch yall should check it out...search for forum for 'custom codex'

post #8 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-14-08, 10:16 PM

I would love to see an army of ewoks that would rule they are like three points each and for £20 you get 50 guys. They could have stuff similiar to goblin doomdivers and and and.... *faints with excitement*
post #9 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-14-08, 10:50 PM

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

They won't. But I might suggest Chocolate Ghosts at the next meeting.

post #10 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-14-08, 11:35 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

It might sound painfully obvious, but I'm surprised they've never bothered with the Hrud...

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode