If Games Workshop came out with a new army what would you want it to be? - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-22-08, 11:29 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Thats the thing that I'm confused about. I know of the "Enslavers" from WD but also in the Necron history it mentions "The Enslaver Plague"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necrons#The_Enslavers

Now this portion of it is poorely worded. Do they mean that the Enslavers are the Chaos Gods or the Enslavers are tools of the Chaos Gods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-23-08, 01:29 PM

yea it says they later became the chaos gods but, when they were fighting the c'tans and necrons it was something else.
post #73 of 193 (permalink) Old 07-10-08, 11:58 PM

Adeptus Mechanicus!!!

For the omnissiah!
-cough- and the Emperor

Skitarii and praetorian servitors with assault cannons, ROCK HARD

post #74 of 193 (permalink) Old 07-11-08, 01:01 AM

I think it'd be cool to see a race kinda like the predators, totally advanced tech, excellent camo and stealth systems and perfect hunters. Now they'd be hard to beat if they did it right!!!
post #75 of 193 (permalink) Old 07-11-08, 02:32 AM

I also really wanna see the ADmech finally come to the tt as well as dwarves in the guise of demiurgs and exodites, but i also wanna see what they can do with the hrud, the sluaghs (mentioned in the dark heresy gm's kit) and the xenarchs chaos worshipping aliens that utilise bioelectric technology.
Now that i think of it the races we have are too few and they really should start releasing some new races soon, i believe the ideal number would be around 20 races there are plenty of things they can flesh out from the fluff and develop into new races, they just have to find a way to support more miniature ranges, maybe discontinue lord of the rings and focus more on 40K and fantasy.
post #76 of 193 (permalink) Old 07-11-08, 02:39 AM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

Space Skaven!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #77 of 193 (permalink) Old 07-11-08, 02:41 AM
Tactless Tactician

I'd like to see Insectoids. Not 'Nids, but actual bug-folk.

No, the Vespids don't count.

For a change, I'd like bug-men WITHOUT a hive hierarchy. Give them chitinous carapaces for a good armor save (the game could do with more 4+ base save units- we don't see very many around here), squad leaders with what are effectively lightning claws, maybe the army doesn't include a single model that moves as base infantry- they're all jump infantry, beasts, or monstrous creatures. Insanely good initiative, high number of attacks, good weapon skill- but no power fist analogues and "only" Strength 4 for the infantry-base models.

To balance this insane speed, they'd have the worst shooting capabilities the game can provide- possibly none at all at the troop level, just for the hell of it.

Of course, this reads a lot like Genestealers with Extended Carapace

Honestly, any race I could think of adding is either already in the fluff and has been passed over, or wouldn't really fit.

After all, the 40K-verse is already pretty damn crowded.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

The Swordsworn Chapter WAAAAAAGH! GOBSMASH
W: 1 T: 1 L: 6_________________W: 8 T:2 L:6
post #78 of 193 (permalink) Old 07-11-08, 02:47 AM

officer kerky's Flag is: Australia

i would like the squats back mixed in with a ghost army.
post #79 of 193 (permalink) Old 07-11-08, 02:50 AM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

Actually, thinking about it, they should bring out Laer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #80 of 193 (permalink) Old 07-11-08, 03:25 AM

I thought up some thing a few weeks ago and posted it here:https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=11313

Just to be short and sweet, they are called the Kelborn (or remanents of), and it is basically the remainding army of a galactic empire crushed by the tyranids, that were sent here to atempt to defeat all nids.
It is a machine army commanded by by "artificial inteligence" and anciant cyborgs (perversion of the machine spirit anyone?), and a couple other things...thought I will right that down on my forum if i get replies.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode