Main army? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-10, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Kaizer's Flag is: Denmark

Default Main army?

I change my main army in my heresy profile some time ago, before hand it said chaos space marines, but after I sold them and only where left with a Dark Angels army it had to be my main army.

But suddenly tonight I got a more philosophical view on the term main army, and then I started thinking it would be a interesting debate. What makes an army, your main army? Is it the army you are working on at the moment? Is it your largest army? The army you play the most at the moment?
What do you guys say?

To me it seem as it is my largest painted army, and there for the Dark angels. I got about 2500 points of it painted and play the most, both because its painted and because it’s my newest army which I can field normal size game(1500-2000 points). But should I change it to the army I’m most happy about, the army I like the fluff best about, or something third? What do you think and what made you choose your main army as your main army?;)

"Baby, Im a heretic, and your a spineless imperalist"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-10, 07:27 PM

Farseer Darvaleth's Flag is: Great Britain

really the army you are currently using, painting, adding to and gaming with the most. We're all fickle and have more tha one army, but you can't be going full out for more than one at once, one army will always be slightly on top, if not a lot on top.

As for me, i don't actually have very much Chas SPace marines but I am hoping to buy a crapload soon. However, I have around 800pts worth of mostly unpainted Eldar and another crapload of uselessy assembled and painted space marines that really were my begginner army.

Everyone gets "new thing syndrome" and that can often take you over the edge and make you buy the army, and being inside a GW store while being tempted (having been thrashed by the new army by a store member in a big game involving lots of crashes and explosions and multiple players) makes it almost as bad as if slaanesh is lying down in front of you naked.

Speaking of slaanesh, I really need to get that daemon prince...damned GW holding back the plastic model...

Give a man a match, and he's warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Cato Marquand
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-10, 07:41 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

I have 4 armies... but my main army is what I consider mine. The others are just armies I use. For me its just a connection that doesnt exist with all the armies I have- when asked "which army do you use?" its the 1 army tat pops into your mind first.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode