Douchebags & Haters - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-11-10, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

JDMJapan's Flag is: Japan

Douchebags & Haters

Hey,

A couple days ago at school I was reading a book (Planetkill to be exact) and one of my classmates, tyler, came up to me and asked me what I was reading. So I showed him and he flipped through the book. But, on the last page, was the ad for the warhammer 40000 game. So he started laughing at me and telling me that this was for fucktards, gays, mexicans, and so on and so forth. This pissed me off, because I enjoy my hobby as much as he does being a asshole. My best friend connor was next to me, and he kinda said stuff about how it looked cool and he would like to see my army. Tyler just called us both gay and walked away.

I was wondering if anyoine else has had problems with people like this. I live in No where land, Florida (ya, the redneck bit) and the only place to get GW stuff is at a comic store, so it is completly unknown. So, has anyone had a jackas come up to them and call the hobby gay? Just wondering.

Nick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-11-10, 03:48 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Well. No one in my school actually knows I am into this, I keep my private life exactly that, I see no need for myself to tell them so I do not. So thus, I have never recieved a problem from anybody.

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #3 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-11-10, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Hmmm.... I need to remove the back cover of my 40k books...... lol

post #4 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-11-10, 04:04 PM

Samir_Duran's Flag is: Poland

In school for us it's like "Youre Nerd, get a life" and nothing more... worse when it comes to families... Often people here find 20-year-olds painting models as disturbing and immature... I think that going every weekend to a bar could be immature -_- Or playing pool with some retards... but hey, I like those too.

People often see it as just childish and that's also a problem, but i can't understand guys who offend or misname people who play or read about it... The guy calling you a gay cuz you read something related to 40k... What the hell? It's just horrible... I, for wanting to be a police officer in my youths was called a Bitch ( but in a cruder, Polish word) which in my country is only a WOMAN who thrives on PROSTITUTION... I hate fucktards that misname and offend people...

Besides, many people are gay and you don't even know it... maybe he was a Crupto-gay? that doesn't make him bad... Being a Jerk IS

"Incompetence breeds even more incompetence..."
- Megatron
post #5 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-11-10, 04:07 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

has anyone called me gay because of it, yes
what do I do, nothing, except feel sorry that there worthless intellect could only manage gay as an insult, I mean calling someone happy as an insult is a little silly.

post #6 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-11-10, 04:12 PM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

My friends think it's cool. I'm only teased for being emo, not for Warhammer
post #7 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-11-10, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

It is rather hard being bottled up with no one who I know plays 40k. If someone asks what it is, I have to go into the "You know the game Dawn of War?" conversation.

post #8 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-11-10, 04:16 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Happy and colourful. Thats why I brought a Hawaiian shirt- 'why yes I am happy, and look I'm also colourful'.

I don't advertise the fact that 40K is one of my hobbies, I read a lot of the books at work but when asked I say I don't play the game it's based on (which is sort of true as I haven't actually played in a good long while).
post #9 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-11-10, 04:37 PM

Othiem's Flag is: USA

Sounds like typical highschool wankery, wouldn't be any different if you were playing the bassoon or on the debate team. I keep a few figures on my desk at work depending on what I'm painting at the time, and most people who come by my area comment that they think it's pretty nifty.
post #10 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-11-10, 04:46 PM
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

there's pretty much people with imagination and people without.

the people who have neglected their imagination thinking its only for losers are the ones who have completely lost it by the end of highschool.

Some people think its gay, but I dont give a crap. I have other hobbies too like playing my bass and playing in my band. and pretty much everyone enjoys somethign that other people think is stupid. I think football (u.s.) is kind of retarded myself, but pretty much everyone here likes it.

what I am more surprised about, is how many people have stepped into my room or something at college, seen my models and been like,"OH shit warhammer!? i almost got into this once." or "i used to play" or w/e.

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode