Would It Be Worth Starting Blood Angels Now??? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-09, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Rayza's Flag is: Great Britain

Default Would It Be Worth Starting Blood Angels Now???

Hey guys

i've seen posts from news and rumours
that the blood angels codex is going to be redone next year 2010

so im just wondering should i wait it out fo the codex and new models but then be at the risk of being called one of them people who jumped on the bang wagon

or...

is it worth starting up
i.e picking up a space marine commander, assualt marines etc

thanks guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
O_<
I think you just became an uber-pimp!

"Hey living god in a living metal body, HAVE SOME BITCHES!"
"Nom nom, thankyou very much ^_^"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-09, 10:29 AM
Banned

Dont expect all new models for BA just because a new codex is more than likely to be coming out next year in spring, expect an upgrade pack but if your wishing for new DC and things like assault marines unfortunately I can see that as a a pipe-dream so to speak as they are fine looking models as they are now same with the baal predator.

Personally if you want to play an army as you like them start them now as you may find they aren't for you and you'll save money instead of splurging on an all new wave of stuff when they are "newly" released. So if you want to play them then why not start now.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-09, 12:32 PM

Carnivore's Flag is: France

The question is: why do you want to start an army. If you like it, go and never mind the rules (as in: friendly gaming is just that, not a tournament to the death). All in all, you want to have fun and spend some time gaming with friends.

If you want to start an army to collect victories, well, you should know that there'll always be someone better than you or luckier than you as everything revolve around dice throwing.

But, that's only my opinion.

Which doesn't kill me ought to run... Now...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-09, 01:06 PM

Inquisitor Varrius's Flag is: Canada

I'd start 'em now, just don't buy everything yet. There probably won't be new models for Assault or Tac squads, so you could start with those. Get a chaplain or Lemartes (who probably will have a new model, but he's worth having in any BA army) and you have an HQ. I expect that any of the models normal marines have too will keep the same, so just stick to those.

Or, if you don't care about having an IC who's one edition behind, start the whole thing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucio View Post
Camo is the color of cowardice but if the only ones to call you a coward are now a puddle of plasma there isnt a problem.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-09, 01:43 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Yes, little will change in the way they work on the table, so go ahead and paint up a jump pack chaplain (which you will use as Lemartes, the infamous 5 point upgrade), bike chaplain, 2 big assault squads, a death company squad (with jet packs), 4 bikes and an attack bike with multimelta. That's an extremely cheap 1000 point army, and it's very hard to defend against. If you got AoBR, get a drop pod for your Dreadnought as well for some more tank killing capability.

Or just ignore me and build your army ike you want to, but part of the joy of BA is not having to use super boring tactical muhreens.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-09, 04:03 PM

Syko515's Flag is: USA

i'm going to have to say start them now, we all know based off fluff that assault marines are used heavily in their armys, and i highly doubt this will change very much. my recommendation would be to get a head start on your army, by getting the things you know will be extensive in use. i would deffinatly get a jump champlain and assault marines, then branch out how you want. when the new dex comes out you'll have a solid base for a nasty new army.

Ave Dominae Nox
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-09, 10:45 PM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

I started a BA army a few months ago and when I heard about the new codex I did think about waiting but as they are marines we know not that much will change.
So I am just buying stuff I like that I know I will use anyway like attack bikes,asm, tac marines, chaplains and rhinos. You know you are going to need asm,tac marines and rhinos. I do have 10 metal death company marines which are good so dont need to worry about new ones they are pretty cheap on ebay you should have a look.
I maybe would not get a baal pred as if they go plastic they may hopefully be cheaper.
A few of the sc do look a bit dated but dante I think looks pretty good so dont think they will change him.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-27-09, 10:39 AM
Ranty ranter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talos View Post
You know you are going to need asm,tac marines and rhinos.
I repeat: Part of the joy of being BA is not having to use super boring tactical moronz. Also, the Rhino is completely obsolete with the advent of drop pods. ESPECIALLY for Blood Angels, who need to spike. (Turn 2 spike)

To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-09, 01:33 AM

liforrevenge's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
I repeat: Part of the joy of being BA is not having to use super boring tactical moronz. Also, the Rhino is completely obsolete with the advent of drop pods. ESPECIALLY for Blood Angels, who need to spike. (Turn 2 spike)
Two reasons I disagree:

1: Blood Angels Rhinos have over-charged engines

and

2: Blood Angels don't get first turn drop pods, so there's a chance you won't even get anything on in your second turn.

Current Record: 4/10/2 w/l/d
I don't mind losing, it's fun either way!

Games I play: Warhammer 40k, Magic The Gathering, Pokemon TCG, Pirates CSG, Other random video games and TCGs.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-09, 11:34 AM
Ranty ranter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liforrevenge View Post
1: Blood Angels Rhinos have over-charged engines
For now, I don't expect that rule to stay in the coming codex. Besides, that is just another enabler to kill it. As if it isn't enough that fire warriors can glance the front on the thing with their rifles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liforrevenge View Post
2: Blood Angels don't get first turn drop pods
Yet.

They will of course be updated to par with other muhreenz with the new codex.

To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode