What is it with 10 year olds? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-28-08, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.
What is it with 10 year olds?

God, I just don't get it. How come 10 year olds are just so blooming whiney when playing competitive game? Went down to my local club, and this 1o year old with nids ask me for a game. "Ok then," I say. He promptly puts on all hsi forces, which was a carnifex, a hive node, 2 raveners and umpteen termagants and genestealers. I deploy my forces, first lining up my guardsmen in an orderly fashion, at put my trusty ol' basilisk on the table, when he lets out a whine.
"you can't have that!"he cries
"Why not?"
"It'll blow me to pieces!"
"Well, duh, thats what it's designed to do."
"You'll thrash me in 1 turn!"
"Ok, ok, you win. I'll take it off."
Disgruntled, i remove the basilisk and put on my leman russ, when he lets out another whine.
"That'll destroy me to!"
"OH FOR GODS SAKES!"

The arguments go on like this for about half an hour. I know.

On a less to do with 40k note, i turn on my Xbox and go on Battlefield 2. the first match I go on has a little kid called "Gun1t6352" swearing his head off at the guy with the sniper rifle in the mosque. God what is it 10 year olds?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-28-08, 06:14 PM

Steel Rain's Flag is: USA

They haven't learned to turn off the whine switch. Since their balls have not dropped, they can't physically "man up"

Quote:
*sigh* I have to point out that despite what you see in games, lasrifles win wars. Just because lasrifles suck at killing superhuman killing machines in power armor does not mean that they are bad weapons. You are shooting them at the wrong targets. The most common enemy the Imperium faces is lightly armored humans armed with lasguns or autoguns, NOT SPACE MARINES.
-me
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-28-08, 06:32 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

For young complainer my standard responses are " DO you want some cheese with your whine?" of " Man, my 3 year old kid doesn't whine this much."

That usually shuts them up and stops the whining but generally I don't play young players unless I have seen them play a game or I know someone that has played them before. I have meet a lot of great players that are between 10 -14 in age and they act more mature than some 30 year olds.

Also carry a list of your army and show it to the kid before you start saying "this is the army I am going to play." so that if he doesn't like it you don't have to play him.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-28-08, 07:38 PM

Lord Sinkoran's Flag is: England

smack him round the back of the head and tell him to stop whinning.

i hate little kids, they don't know the rules they cry when you rape them after 3 turns and you have to tell them too many times to stop pre measureing and grbbing your models by the most fragile part.

Violence is never the answer, it is the question, to which the answer is, yes
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-28-08, 08:26 PM

The problem is simple - ten year olds don't have any balls yet. And also, parents nowadays sometimes are horribly bad at raiding their children. This type of cildish behaviour is a million times worse than my little brother's, for instance.
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-28-08, 08:33 PM

Steel Rain's Flag is: USA

I'm pretty good at children raiding. The playgrounds of Oklahoma City are my...uh...playgrounds? D'AAAARRR!

Quote:
*sigh* I have to point out that despite what you see in games, lasrifles win wars. Just because lasrifles suck at killing superhuman killing machines in power armor does not mean that they are bad weapons. You are shooting them at the wrong targets. The most common enemy the Imperium faces is lightly armored humans armed with lasguns or autoguns, NOT SPACE MARINES.
-me
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-28-08, 08:37 PM

bets way to stop them whiening is to let them take first turn get them into bolter range then bang
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-28-08, 08:54 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Rain View Post
I'm pretty good at children raiding. The playgrounds of Oklahoma City are my...uh...playgrounds? D'AAAARRR!

That's fucking creepy, dude.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-28-08, 09:09 PM

squadiee's Flag is: Great Britain

hehe, I had a load of whiny 10 year olds at my local GW tournament, but it weren't till I pwned them did they shut up...

(yes, there weren't just beat, they were pwned)

I love it when someone whines "don't put that on there, that'll kill me", my usual reply is "oh really? I should have brought two then...". Sorts em out every time

http://flytheflag.proboards104.com/index.cgi

Visit for some footy discussion

Vassal Records (W/D/L)

Haven't played any recently, but is planning on it!
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-28-08, 09:11 PM

steel rain, you are definetly sounding like a pediphile.

you should not be playing with or raiding children. unless you are a child. then it is ok. (i guess)

Also, teenagers aren't the most mature people ever. Ever seen Superbad. The langauge in the movie is extremely similar to our daily conversations. I'm not as bad as the rest of my friends, but we are not easily labeled mature.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode