Substituting?! - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-30-08, 02:36 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by humakt View Post
But isnt the footprint of a challenger going to big bigger than a Russ? therefore I would expect more LOS opportunities, so go ahead, it gives me more chance of blowing you up
indeed, its longer, wider, BUT not taller, its very low in comparison, so it can behidden in terrain much easier, its how a Tank in 40k SHOULD be, not these jokes that GW have designed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-01-08, 02:33 PM
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege View Post
Okay, so I'm a pretty laid back gamer, I'm more into the hobby side of things but I enjoy a friendly game here and there. So last night, me and a couple of mates where setting up for a few of drinks and a game or two, when one the boys who plays IG pulls out some kind plastic box with a pen taped to it and explains that it is in fact his Basilisk. We often use house rules and such so I wasn't really bothered, it was roughly the same size and the bloke actually owns a real Basilisk (god knows where it was and why he wasn't using that) so whatever.

Well, the other guy who plays Eldar was flat out against the use of this plastic box and pen tank, he demanded it be removed from the table or he refused to play. He claimed that assembling and painting your models is what gives you the right to field them, blah blah blah. Even though the Guard player has an actual Basilisk, he wouldn't accept this, claimed it was unfair and that was that. He simply would not play.

So now I'm wondering, because I don't take the game has seriously as others, does he have a point or is he just being a bitch?

Would you let your opponent field a plastic box pen tank against you?

How would this kind of thing go down in your local store?
As long as the IG person had paid for it in his list i'd be fine with it, The Eldar person was being a cock, you should have just said screw you then or whatever...
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-01-08, 02:59 PM

Alexander_67's Flag is: Great Britain

I can see both sides of the argumet here but cant really decide where I stand. I mean on the one hand it is a bit of a nothing moan, its still for all intents and purposes a basilisk. But while a rare occasion it may be, fighting with a fully modelled and painted army is great and adds loads to the experience. If you've made all your troops up, painted them and lugged them to someone elses house to field them the last thing you want to see on the battlefield is a tank made from office supplies.

If it were me i'd allow it but i'd make damn sure i blew it up real quick to get it off the table.

A great tactician knows that victory is one part planning and nine parts faith

Remember Alex arrogance killed the person nobody liked.

Witch hunters Order of the Purging Blade Tally
Wins - 9 (2000 pt space marine force)
Losses - 3
Draw - 3

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode