what do u buy when u have too much money and play 40k? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-07, 11:12 PM

They really don't expect to sell any of those, I think. It's just there for people to look at in wonder.

Quote:
too much money
Quote:
you play 40K
That's an inherent contradiction. There's always going to be more things to add than money you have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-20-07, 03:18 AM

has anyone figured out whether the "company deal" is any kind of discount, or are you buying straight up like you usually do with GW? I'm very lazy or I would figure it out
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-20-07, 04:19 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

I'd buy the Space Marines. Admittedly, you can build a Space Marine company for MUCH less than that if you're creative about it. I've got a full company of Space Marines, all of which I bought new, and I think I paid about four hundred dollars for it. The company I'm currently working on (yes, this is the second Space Marine company I'm doing...) is totalling about 450.00 US. Expensive, yes, but you know... it's fun to have a company of Space Marines. I've got the resources to build an entire Chapter, so I'm kicking around actually doing it. Keep in mind that I paint everything I have, and I do have well over 500 Space Marines from various Chapters (and Legions, counting my Chaos Space Marines) fully painted to a relatively high level.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-20-07, 04:25 AM

That's all well and good for you to collect a whole chapter, but I play Black Templars. It'll cost me ten thousand two hundred dollars just to collect the basic marines for six thousand initiates.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-20-07, 06:06 AM

Cadian81st's Flag is: USA

If I was rich enough, I'm talking a steady cashflow, I would just buy an armored company's worth of forge world vehicles, and then start a Death Korps army. Screw stock marines when you could have that!

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-07, 02:19 AM

Besides the Manta and Company deal, the money-spenders deal was about 4-5 years ago by Games Workshop.

They posted a BUY A CHAPTER deal. I'm not shitting you at all.
A whole chapter of marines, as depicted on the inside cover of the old marine codex, was for sale right when GW started putting out the major space marine plastics. It even came with 2 thunderhawk gunships, and I don't mean the current ones. I mean the ones with 150+ peices that had to be warped into correct shapes and fitted with your own plasticard in spots, and cost a whopping 625 bucks a pop.

The deal was thousands of dollars, and everyone at my FLGS used to die laughing just looking at it and wondering was rich kid was getting one, or which GW employee was sacrificing his future with his discount on one.

The WHOLE chapter from the codex picture. Just look at it..

Khaine

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode