So, I have started 'rines. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-07, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Anphicar's Flag is: USA

Default So, I have started 'rines.

This will sound greedy I'm sure. :oops:

I started Space Marines (or am going to once i get a megaforce and other stuff) and am slightly dissappointed with their rules.

I love their wargear and their saves and tanks, but i think the traits are crap compared to what i expected. Also, I expected the psychic powers to be more uber.

Sigh. Just my greed showing. I have have to except their faults and pros just like any other army. :roll:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-07, 03:00 AM

OMG you thought traits and psychic powers would be better. the psychic powers are awesome, and many actually think are overpowered[fear of darkness, fury of the ancients] and traits allow you to customise your army and manipulate the force org chart. For example having 6 devastator squads.... or droppodding in 6 dreds. Really they should just be used to flavour an army but i think most armies using traits go to extremes, and thats when things get harsh

Check out my gamer Blog
http://gamergeekery.blogspot.co.uk/2...rs-in-40k.html

Jezlad "I actually commented that Jigplums list was the least scary list I faced. Then took a pasting"
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/jigplums
http://www.coolminiornot.com/160095
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-07, 04:00 AM

Veil of Time is the most broken psychic power...ever.

Wisdom means having the ability to admit what you do not know. - Me

Mother nature does not give do overs. - Me too

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-07, 04:24 AM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

check out Bolter & Chainsword sometime. Lots of veteran marine players eager to corrupt thre newbies.

In the meantime, there's a lot of uber to be had. Fury/Fear is a great combo for only 14 points, and the psychic hood the librarian gets for free is a fantastic way to piss off Eldar players.

The traits, I haven't played much with (I play Blood angels, we don;t get traits) but there are some good ones. See but not be seen is handy (infiltrating devastator squads, anyone?) and the drawbacks can be taken so that they hardly interfere at all with your playstyle. 'we stand alone' is a classic example (no allies? No problem). Want an apothecary in every squad? How about a terminator? Want to infiltrate all your troops, including dev squads? Two plasguns or meltas? No problem

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-07, 08:30 AM

To really feel the marine as your own, run through online lists of marine chapters and go from there, or just create your own. I created two of my own chapters with the Dawn of War marine colorset which I'd like to use in 40k, but I'd also like to have a Marines Exemplar or Mortificators army.

Hell, even a pre-heresy Death Guard or Luna Wolves would be a great marine army.

-Khaine-
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-07, 01:36 PM

the cabbage's Flag is: Scotland

I agree to some extent with your comments on traits.

I think they could have been more extreme both for good and bad. By this I mean give the ability to field six infiltrating devestator squads but seriously hamper their saving throw?

Don't take the specifics of the above just the idea. I just think their would have been opportunities for fluffy armies for fun games. I would ban them from tournaments however because the noise pollution from tourney obsessives would be extreme!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode