Funniest 40K moment - unbarred - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-28-09, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Death Before Dishonour

WarlordKaptainGrishnak's Flag is: Australia

Default Funniest 40K moment - unbarred

what was your funniest 40k moment, battles, modelling, it's unbarred

mine would probably have to be my friend saying

'oh i hate it when the top of a flying stand snaps of in the model'

we both laughed and he kept making his piranha, then he went to pull the flying stand out of the piranha

it snapped off

good times
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-28-09, 08:32 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

i Would say seeing a guys whole Crisis Suit Army deep strike into a building on the second turn of the game (and he rolled all 1's on the mishap table) Pretty Damn Funny! (To me at least he was pretty pissed though)
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-28-09, 12:52 PM

Alexious's Flag is: Australia

I was sorting out all my IG figures and putting them into squads and what not.... and my other less 40k friendly half..... decided they needed attention.

They undressed and then walked up to me and as i was so preoccupied with what i was doing didnt notice till they were standing in front of me.... I as any red blooded man would do, immediately dropped the book and pushed them backward onto the table where all my lovely squads were assembled. 100 metal IG infantry then pierced their flesh......

As this other half quite likes this type of thing.... after 2 minutes and me screaming omg there is blood everywhere....we stopped. I spent several minutes then removing my figures from their back literally... When i paint my figures... i have to wash them first now.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-28-09, 12:56 PM

Dafistofmork's Flag is: United Kingdom

well, there was this thsons sorcerer who refused to fail his inv save, and took on an inqusitor, gk grandmaster and two cheesed out ravenwing biker squads (it was a 2 vs 2 battle) (with support from two thsons units of couse, but they all died), and his rhino, every time it was penertrated a 1 was rolled on the damage chart. and it was attacked by a vindicator among other things.

then there was when 30 of my boys charged a cannoness and living saint simituanisly and caused just enough wounds to kill both of them off.

back in 3rd ed, my ork nobs with mega warboss and big mek with PK charged a guard gunline in the flank, 2 turns and 4 combats later and his entire line was dead (ah overrun) and my PK's still hadent attacked! nobs for the win!

my SAG took out 8 thsons in the first turn as well once, that was funny.

humm, true. This is yet again proof the Orks are smarter the Elves.-Micklez
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-28-09, 07:21 PM

jakkie's Flag is: England

hmmmm...just last thursday...

playing a friendly game at school, against CSMs

my unit of 25 Boyz + Warboss was charged by 8 Khorn Bezerkers plus Chaos Lord w/ Termie armour and Daemon weapon.

first turn of CC, and he managed to take out around 18 boyz, thanks to their furious charge... with what remained, i killed 3 of his bezerkers. but somehow, i managed to pass the moral test...

so, second turn... i faired no better, managing to kill just 1 of his bezerkers with my boyz, before they were all eaten by the rest of them. But then, hope! the Lord's Daemonic weapon turned on him, taking a precious wound...

so...final turn of combat...My lone Warboss vs 4 bezerkers and a Chaos Lord... who would win?!

So...the lord went first, hitting only once, and failing to penetrate my bosses cybork body (5+ inv)...then, the bezerkers... 5 hits...2 wounds! and one turned aside by my 4+ save!...
Finally, the warbosses turn...striking last due to his huge power klaw...5 attacks...5 enemies...
5 hits! 5 wounds!, taking care of the bezerkers. now, only the Lords 5+ inv save to go...and he rolls a 2!...

One warboss has taken out almost an entire squad of bezerkers and termie lord on his own!:D...

Admitedly, not particularly funny, but it was a proud day for me (and him - he usually got his head blown off within a turn of starting...)

Angry Marines:
Flamer ------------ 5pts
Another Flamer ---- 5pts
Shit, Take a Third - 5pts
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-29-09, 09:28 PM

Cocakoala's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakkie View Post
Admitedly, not particularly funny, but it was a proud day for me (and him - he usually got his head blown off within a turn of starting...)
Yes that was a good game.

But i dont get my head blown off EVERY time.
At least you didnt say all the stuff you had killed of mine with the SAG. I hate that thing, My poor eldar

Go on just click the little guy you know you want to
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-29-09, 10:26 PM
Bringer of the Apocalypse

Deneris's Flag is: Canada

Last battle a zoanthrope of mine had been making a nuissance of itself versus an Ork army, so the Ork player sent a mob of slugga boys to sort it out. Luckily, the brain bug was in a building, so that limited the number of Orks tthat could pile in AND let the Zoey strike first. It actually managed to kill two orks, and then took no damage in return. The orks, apparently afraid of a flying brain with no arms, tried to flee, but were caught and killed...

"That, and sending Leman Russ to make a peaceful arrest? That's like sending a rabid Grizzly Bear to teach Kindergarten." - Cole Deschain
"Deneris - you are a legend." - TheKingElessar
"Chingao...sigh..guess I'll stay a slut then..."- Shogun_Nate
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-29-09, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexious View Post
I was sorting out all my IG figures and putting them into squads and what not.... and my other less 40k friendly half..... decided they needed attention.

They undressed and then walked up to me and as i was so preoccupied with what i was doing didnt notice till they were standing in front of me.... I as any red blooded man would do, immediately dropped the book and pushed them backward onto the table where all my lovely squads were assembled. 100 metal IG infantry then pierced their flesh......

As this other half quite likes this type of thing.... after 2 minutes and me screaming omg there is blood everywhere....we stopped. I spent several minutes then removing my figures from their back literally... When i paint my figures... i have to wash them first now.
I find this rather disturbing, why do you refer to your other half as "they" and "their", is there 2 of them?

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-30-09, 02:23 AM
Bringer of the Apocalypse

Deneris's Flag is: Canada

Aye... One would think Slaanesh would be more appealing than IG at this point... or Khorne...

"That, and sending Leman Russ to make a peaceful arrest? That's like sending a rabid Grizzly Bear to teach Kindergarten." - Cole Deschain
"Deneris - you are a legend." - TheKingElessar
"Chingao...sigh..guess I'll stay a slut then..."- Shogun_Nate
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-30-09, 03:01 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deneris View Post
Aye... One would think Slaanesh would be more appealing than IG at this point... or Khorne...
Who would Pick there troops over Fun With another human?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode