Planetstrike !!! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-22-09, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Default Planetstrike !!!

Am i the only one who is excited about the new planetstrike?

recently i have had a lot of bad reviews on the upcomimg game and i am wondering what your views are going to be on it ?

thanks if you post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-22-09, 06:51 PM

Mr.Hill's Flag is: USA

I'm looking forward to it!
I think it'll be great.
I am hoping to use this for a Map Campaign that i have been wanting to do forever, but haven't gotten to start yet.

But, im also poor... and this wont help me with that.

"Knife to the eye!"
-Franky
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-22-09, 06:59 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

It was played at my FLGS on saturday... other then that it was amasingly mismanaged (more or less threw us a rulebook and let us get on with it- when kids are asking me how its played since I've looked at the book for about 2 minutes you know its getting bad) the game itself wasnt all that great- we we're playing 1000pts and that just really doesnt work: basically all the attackers won turn 1 or before.

I think that planetstrike could be a really cool variation to play instead of apocalypse but that it probably isnt worth playing under 2-2.5k points.

Also you not only need to design army lists for it but choose a decent army too- the balance of the game is way way off, units already with DS rules such as drop pods, let alone TH/SS termies are pretty broken: since they can assault the turn they DS any army that relies on jumping about to avoid enemies (eldar, tau) are totally screwed. While the chaos Daemons really dont fit in at all- imagine an army that MUST DS by definition having to defend! If your playing objectives and put one in a bastion the attackers can DS and enter the building before the daemons are on the table (or at least before they can get close)... the daemons then need to assault and destroy the building, and kill all the attackers, before they have 'contested' the objective.

Overall: 3*/5 has some potential but could be a lot better. I might play it every once in a while as a break from 40k as a bit of fun but its not a rival to cities or apoc.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-22-09, 07:07 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

I'm looking forward to the terrain, but have a feeling the rules will be as crap as apoc

post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-22-09, 07:12 PM

Necrosis's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
I'm looking forward to the terrain, but have a feeling the rules will be as crap as apoc
I disagree I think it will even be worse. I mean being able to field 8 mystics when your opponent has to deep strike.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-22-09, 08:08 PM
Bringer of the Apocalypse

Deneris's Flag is: Canada

I can SEE the idea of "attackers" and "defenders", but I'm going to have a hard time explaining why my Nids might be the defenders every so often. Nids aren't known for their defensive fortification skills...

BUT the idea of dropping meteors on the enemy is oddly amusing...

"That, and sending Leman Russ to make a peaceful arrest? That's like sending a rabid Grizzly Bear to teach Kindergarten." - Cole Deschain
"Deneris - you are a legend." - TheKingElessar
"Chingao...sigh..guess I'll stay a slut then..."- Shogun_Nate
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-22-09, 09:04 PM

Inquisitor Varrius's Flag is: Canada

It looks worse than Apoc. I've always played Apoc for the fun of massive armies and minimal rules, but if there's too much tactica involved I get bored fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucio View Post
Camo is the color of cowardice but if the only ones to call you a coward are now a puddle of plasma there isnt a problem.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-22-09, 09:35 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Then you'll actually be happen about planetstrike; it has about 5 pages of rules and about 3-4 pages of stragic atributes (which seem almost universally useless)... looks like a quite easy game to get to grips with and the strategms pretty limitted in their worth.

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-22-09, 10:41 PM

lawrence96's Flag is: United Kingdom

Some of the rules sound interesting.

I was at my local GW last week and the assistant was saying how the defender chooses terrain placement including buildings that count as objectives, so you could have loads of objectives giving you some that could be lost without giving the enemy the game. Or have a few objectives for you to defend easily.

Also apparently defenders get more Heavy support, Attackers get more Fast and Elite.

But i'm looking forwards to it, the more variety the better in my opinion.

Quisnam praesumo, successio
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-22-09, 10:53 PM

ironclad dready for the win!!!

Twinkie Fishing XD

The Joker: You just couldn't let me go could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You truly are incorruptible aren't you? You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness, and I won't kill you, because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode