Daemon Primarchs - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-17-07, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Gore Hunter's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetware View Post
Fulgrim has 9 attacks + d6 on a charge, will hit on a 4+ and always wounds on a 3+. Also he can blow through invulnerable saves. 9 attack/2 = 4.5 hits * 2/3 to wound = 3 * 1/2 for invulnerable saves = 1.5 wounds to Angron who has 7 wounds. (5 turns)

Angron has 6 attacks * 2/3 to hit = 4 hits * 2/3 to wound = 2 1/3 wounds * 1/2 for invulnerable = 1 1/6 wounds to Fulgrim who has 5 wounds. (5 turns as well.)

I'm too lazy to figure out the math for Fulgrim's negation of invulnerable saves, but between that and the much greater chance he'll get the charge since he's just ridiculous fast... I think Fulgrim wins.
Angron wounds on 2+ Fulgrim wounds on 4+ not forgetting that Angron would gain +D3 attacks for charging and +1 attack for the Banner of rage +1 attack for 2 close combat weapons he can actually have up to 11 attacks.

Typhus has a Manreaper but don't forget that he won't suffer the wounds from the Daemon weapon ability and you can have another in your army. The Plague sword I can only asume is that Daemon weapon you can give to a Lord of Nurgle.
I think that these rules are from the old Chaos Codex though.
but I suppose you can custmise them to match the new codex.

Last edited by Jacobite; 12-17-07 at 09:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-17-07, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Here are some Marine Primarch rules but they are'nt as detailed as the Chaos Primarchs rules.

Primarchs
Although few beings could be more different in personality, the Primarchs have several traits in common:
• Terms of use: Primarchs should only be included in an army under the most extreme circumstances, in games with army totals in excess of 3000 points. They count as a HQ choice, and must be taken exactly as detailed below. They may not be given any additional equipment from the Armory.

• Aspect: All Primarchs have iron-hard skin (counts as Artificer Armour) and always have at least a 4+ Invulnerable Save.

• Independent Character: A Primarch follows all of the rules concerning Independent Characters in the 40k rulebook except for being shot at. Unless accompanied by a daemon retinue of Monstrous Creatures, it is always possible to target him even if he has joined a unit or is within 6” of another viable target. Line of sight and other targeting restrictions still apply.

• Monstrous: Primarchs are Monstrous Creatures. They ignore armour saves in close combat and. their attacks follow the Ordnance rules when Penetrating vehicles at +2D6 strength. They have the Feel No Pain special rule as long as the attack has a strength of 6 or less (all other restrictions apply).

• Fearsome: Primarchs have instill Fear upon their opponents a -2 modifier to Leadership. Fighting a Primarch in close combat is so intimidating that cover doesn’t help as much as it should. All Primarchs count as if they have Frag Grenades. Also
• Fearless: The ultimate gift of The Emperor is to make them feel Immortal. Death holds no meaning to him, as at is only temporary. Primarchs are considered Fearless, they will never fall back, cannot be pinned, and are assumed to pass any leadership-based test that they are forced to make.

• Primarch Wings: The wings gifted by their patrons allow the Primarchs to move with Flight. Due to their bulk, they never have to make a test when landing in difficult terrain. They may enter the board using the Deep Strike special rule if it is in effect and, if unattended by a retinue, may make Hit and Run attacks, as a Primarch may pick-and-choose his opponents in close combat.

• Divine Protection: Primarchs are protected by an unknown power which spirits them away at the last moment if danger threatens. This is represented by allowing The Primarchs a special 3+ save on a D6 against any attack or other damage that would reduce there wounds to 0. This is a special save that is made when a Primarch is killed and may be taken after his the save may be taken after all other saves have been taken. If the Primarch makes the saving throw then he suddenly disappears from the battlefield. Remove the model as if it had been killed, but do not award any Victory points to the opposing player. This Does not affect Luther however as he has turned to chaos where the Divine protection cannot reach him.

• Regenerate: Primarchs have the ability to the most painful of injuries as a result they have the regenerate ability on D6 a role of a 6 they may regenerate one wound they have suffered. This may only be used once per turn.

Sanguineous 450pt
Ws6, Bs5, S5(7), T5, W6, A5, I6, Ld10, Sv*2+/3+
Equipment:
- Master crafted Nemesis force weapon
- Wings
Special rules:
- can’t be instant killed
- fearless
- regenerate
- every time Sanguineous causes a wound, He regains 1 wound.
- furious charge.

Lion’El Johnson 400pt
Ws7, Bs6, S6(8), T7, W6, A7, I6, Ld10, Sv*/2+/4+
Equipment:
- Lion Sword (Master crafted Nemesis force weapon)
- The lions helm: +1 Toughness ,all models in a unit that Lion’El joins receive a 4+ invul save.
- Lions pistol: a master crafted plasma pistol.

Jaghatai Khan: 450pt
Ws7, Bs6, S7, T5, W6, A5, I6, Ld10, 2+/3+
Equipment:
- Bike
- Hit and run
- Furious Charge

Leman Russ 500pt
Ws6, Bs5, S5(7), T6, W6, A6, I6, Ld10, Sv*2+/3+
Equipment:
- Wolf helm(holy relic)+1 Toughness
Special rules:
- fearless
- regenerate
- 4 fenresian wolves
Preferred enemy(all)

Rogal Dorn: 450pt
Ws6, Bs5, S5(10), T7, W6, A6, I6, Ld10, Sv*2+/3+
Equipment:
- Master crafted melt gun
- Master crafted thunder hammer
- Shield of Dorn: adds +2 to his Toughness in close combat
Special rules:
- fearless
- regenerate
- Tank hunter

Ferrus Manus 500pt
Ws7, Bs6, S5(10)(7), T5, W6, A5, I6, Ld10, Sv*2+/3+
Equipment:
- Master crafted thunder hammer
- Servo harness dual wield master crafted melta guns
- Master crafted nemesis force weapon
Special rules:
- fearless
- regenerate
- Advanced bionics: gets back up on 4+

Roboute Guilliman: 500pt
Ws7, Bs6, S5(7), T5, W6, A6, I6, Ld10, Sv*2+/3+
Equipment:
Special rules:
- fearless
- regenerate
- Inspire: all models within 12” are fearless

Vulkan: 450pt
Ws7, Bs6, S5(7), T5, W6, A5, I6, Ld10, Sv*2+/3+
Equipment:
- Dual barreled master crafted Multi-melt: fires twice each turn. Counts as an assault weapon.
Special rules:
- fearless
- regenerate

Corax: 450pt
Ws6, Bs5, S5(7), T5, W6, A5, I6, Ld10, Sv*2+/3+
Equipment:
- Jump pack
Special rules:
- fearless
- regenerate
- Hit and run

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-17-07, 12:59 PM

foulacy's Flag is: England

Location: Middlesbrough, Teeside, Cleveland, England, Europe, Earth

daemon primarchs sound as though they have the better stats although rogal dorn strength 10 :O

"Look upon me and know that i can slay you at will, you have no defense save one: to look into the darkness at the back of your mind. There you will find Father Nurgle waiting to offer you life in return of your submission. Deny him and you are mine."

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-17-07, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Dunno why he does'nt even mention how just says it in his profile

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-08, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetware View Post
I find it somewhat hilarious that the Fulgrum, the Slaaneshi Primarch is better at hand to hand than the Angron, the Khornate Primarch.
Oh and he also weilds 4 swords.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-08, 03:19 PM

Umm Leman Russ wields a Nemisis Force Weapon?!? Umm I think this needs more research according to the Black Library Space Wolf books, Ragnar Blackmane used Russ's Spear against chaos and lost it.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-28-08, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

yeah they are crap rules so I've taken it upon myself to make some decent Primarch rules
here's a link for you.
pls, pls, pls give some feedback I hate unanswered threads.

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ead.php?t=5025

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode