Brilliant idea or vague memory? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-09, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

NeonDante's Flag is: USA

Brilliant idea or vague memory?

I've been converting up some cyborks, and I had a great idea... I think. I'm thinking of replacing a guy's head with a brain in a jar. fill it part way with PVA glue, put in the brain and a couple of eyeballs, then fill it the rest of the way. The glue dries clear, I think, boom, brain in a jar, easy!

Problem is, and it might be my imagination, but I seem to recall seeing a dreadnought with a giant brain for a head, and eyes, maybe in a golden demon or something. I don't want to be subconsciously ripping off other people's conversions. So does anyone know what I'm talking about, or better yet, have a picture?

Or is this all just hallucinations brought on by a squig pie that didn't agree with me? If so, I need to buy more, It's really bringing forth the muse.

We iz lootin a demon! Da wierdboy sez to keep pokin im, so, uh... please poke da little swirly fing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-09, 03:00 AM

Ive not heard of it before, but it certainly sounds fun!

Pva might stay white in the middle though where it doesnt have air to dry it. I would use a water casting poly resin.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-09, 05:25 AM
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

that'd be a pretty funny model. what are you going to make the brain and eyes out of?

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-09, 10:10 AM

I would say.. where the hell did you get that pie? I want some!

Absolutely brilliant idea, I would recommend though, use that water stuff that they have at the GW instead of PVA, that stuff is made for doing something like this.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...e=paints-tools

Looked it up on the GW site... this is the stuff I'd recommend for it.

TKE's NTGU Brigade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
Einar is right.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-09, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

NeonDante's Flag is: USA

Ahh, thanks a lot! That water stuff looks like just what I need, if a little pricey. But then, if I was all that worried about money, I'd find another hobby.

I plan on making the brain and eyes out of green stuff, maybe with some optic nerves still attached, depending on what looks better. Unfortunately, I'm not very good with it. I think I need to get ahold of a modeling tool and a good modeling guide. Maybe I'll put some glass beads in for bubbles.

We iz lootin a demon! Da wierdboy sez to keep pokin im, so, uh... please poke da little swirly fing!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-09, 06:04 PM

Here's an image on what you'd like ;)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2087/...52d749c05b.jpg

As for modeling the brain with green stuff.. I don't think that should be too hard to do if you have a sculpting tool.

Make a ball of green stuff, shape it in the shape of a brain, let it set a bit to firm up, then use the tool to carve in some squigly bits all over the thing and the big seperatation bit along the middle, that should give you a good brain.
For any tendrils and whatnot attached, I'd use bits of rope or something like it. And you can use glass eyes from a hobby store for eyes in case you don't want to paint them yourself.

TKE's NTGU Brigade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
Einar is right.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode