Picking An Army - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-13-09, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonsz View Post
Hi, i got an easy question
-which army is the least popular :Chaos, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Black Templars or Space Wolves ? I decided to play Chaos or SM but i would like to know which one of those is the least popular (then i can take it and be happy for eternity)
space wolves haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-30-09, 01:28 PM

MyI)arkness's Flag is: Albania

I noticed another thing - special characters. Im huge hater of , space marines, for example, but ultramarine hero Sicarius is just awesome to me and because of him im thinking to get some ultras later

Nothing better for a true heretic like me, than winning a 1500 battle using my slaanesh force with no lash and achieving these results against crimson fists:
Noise marines losses: 9 dead marines, daemon prince 3 wounds.
Crimson fists losses: 10 stern guard, 30 tactical marines, 2 dreadnoughts, dead Imperiums hero Kantor and 4 drop pods put out of functioning.

Rate my fucking cat.
post #103 of 238 (permalink) Old 04-01-09, 06:29 PM

Stuntiesrule's Flag is: USA

I am not a big fan of the Ultramarines get 30 special characters everyone else gets one philosophy but yay for them being the poster boys. I wish they would bring back some more IG regiments I like my IG a lot but other then loads of the new cadians and the option to buy Jungle Fighters there has not been much offered other then the ridiculously over priced vostroyans.

post #104 of 238 (permalink) Old 04-11-09, 02:16 PM

i think most special characters are too god-like.
post #105 of 238 (permalink) Old 04-16-09, 02:56 AM

zas240's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain cortez View Post
i think most special characters are too god-like.
Whoa boy, according to the fluff marnus calgar held a gate alone for a day and a night against orks. i playtested this and he got killed before he got to attack even. Stupid heavy close combat weapons.
post #106 of 238 (permalink) Old 04-16-09, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zas240 View Post
Whoa boy, according to the fluff marnus calgar held a gate alone for a day and a night against orks. i playtested this and he got killed before he got to attack even. Stupid heavy close combat weapons.
PMSL You should try Azrael of the Dark Angels. It may just be mine but the guy doesn't die! I have seen him see off 30 guardsmen in cc before and stand on a hill all on his own (well with his midget helmet bearer) and just soak up rapid fire bolter shots. I swear that is the only model i have any kind of luck with rolling dice.

On the collecting armies front though, Assault on Black Reach is a great start, shitload of models and rules ect to boot. If you end up not liking either army, sell them on and use the money on one you do like. £40 from gw or £27 from any indi for that ammount of models is bloody brilliant in my opinion.
post #107 of 238 (permalink) Old 04-18-09, 11:43 PM

Eldar are cool but are "glass dolls"
post #108 of 238 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hespithe View Post
I have played Dark Eldar, and can give a few ideas for them. But on the whole, I doubt you'll see many until later in the year when the newer models are being released. A new DE 'Dex is on the way!
this has not been confirmed. release of new dark eldar actually may not happen this year.
post #109 of 238 (permalink) Old 05-13-09, 01:59 PM

Troajn's Flag is: United Kingdom

OK, complete newbie question about to be asked.

My son and I have only recently got into this, we have just been messing around with the painting side and apart from a game in the shop, we have never played. He has chosen Tyranids and I have just decided on DA.

So now for the question, I have just got hold of the DA codex and had a quick flick through, now would I be right in thinking that Terminators should all be painted in bone and only normal marines and veterans painted in green. In other words are all DA terminators counted as Deathwing and should be painted as such?

It's not such a bad thing as at least it makes an army more interesting to paint as the various squads seem to have a range of colours, but I didn't know if a terminator in the DA would be green.

Sorry for the daft question
post #110 of 238 (permalink) Old 05-13-09, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troajn View Post
OK, complete newbie question about to be asked.

My son and I have only recently got into this, we have just been messing around with the painting side and apart from a game in the shop, we have never played. He has chosen Tyranids and I have just decided on DA.

So now for the question, I have just got hold of the DA codex and had a quick flick through, now would I be right in thinking that Terminators should all be painted in bone and only normal marines and veterans painted in green. In other words are all DA terminators counted as Deathwing and should be painted as such?

It's not such a bad thing as at least it makes an army more interesting to paint as the various squads seem to have a range of colours, but I didn't know if a terminator in the DA would be green.

Sorry for the daft question
No worries, it's what we're here for. A "by the Codex" color scheme for Dark Angels would have all the Terminators in bone, rather than in green. If you wanted to do a Dark Angels successor Chapter, though, you could paint them however you liked, and you could still use the Dark Angels Codex. They just wouldn't be Dark Angels by name-- they could be Disciples of Caliban, or Angels of Absolution, or a Chapter you make up. Sky's really the limit with Space Marines, and the choice of Codex these days is mostly a choice of which rules you want to use with the Space Marines you've got, more than anything else.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode