Foulspawn - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-09, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

plague-tastic icecream's Flag is: USA

Foulspawn

Ok, I was reading the chaos codex and saw a note on a character called "foulspawn" who was nurgles favorite champion and was gifted with spawndom. I did a search on the fourm and found a few things on him, but I found nothing regarding using him in a game. Is there a special stat line on him? I have a nurgle army thats almost finished, and I think converting a model to this would be cool. I just think that a regular spawn statline isnt really that great and it would be nice if he had a better one.

Any help or a point in the right direction would be great, and if this has already been awnsered, please forgive me.

Shawn

"In the embrace of Great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with his pestilential favor I have become that which I once most feared, Death."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-09, 05:15 AM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

I did a bit of searching but couldn't find anything specific for you. It is just "fluff" as far as that goes. Nothing saying you can't make up your own homebrew rules for a special creature to use in friendly games.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-09, 07:01 AM

Zondarian's Flag is: England

Well I have made some homebrew rules for him and you can feel free to use them. But I will warn you now in my rules he is a bitch to kill.

Foulspawn
Foulspawn was one of the most diseased and disgusting of all Nurgle's Champions. It was said that the sight of him was so horrifying that hardened warriors who saw him were rendered incapable of any action while they gagged and wretched in disgust. Nurgle was deeply fond of his unsightly Champion, and eventually blessed him with the reward of Spawndom. Many Chaos Spawn die within minutes or hours of their transformation, being killed by their former followers, slain in battle or expiring as their impossibly mutated bodies give out under the strain. Such was not the fate of Foulspwan, however. He not only survived, he grew and prospered. By some strange quirk of fate (or equally strange whim of Nurgle) Foulspawn was able to survive by ingesting and absorbing the fleshy tissues and bodily fluids of living creatures, which he achieves by grabbing his victim with his sticky, toad-like tongue, and then swallowing the still living creature whole!

Foulspawn-230

WS-5
BS-0
S-5
T-7
W-5
I-3
A-2D6
Ld-10
Sv-None

Unit Type- Beast
Number/Squad- 1
Wargear- None
Special Rules- Fearless
Independent Character
Slow and Purposeful
4+ Invunerable Save
Foulspaens Retinue
Absorbtion
Epidermal Rot
Nurgles Children

Foulspawns Retinue- Foulspwan can be accompanied by up to 2 units of spawn (you must still pay for them). These spawn do not have the mindless rule.

Absorbtion- Foulspawn stays alive by absorbing the energy from living things. Once per turn you can roll a D6 dice, on a 5+ one wound from a chaos spawn within 6” of Foulspawn and Foulspawn gains back one wound. In addition every time Foulspawn kills an enemy model roll a single D6 dice. On a dice roll of 6 Foulspawn regains 1 wound.

Epidermal Rot- Epidermal Rot uses a Heavy Flamer template and automatically wounds any unit underneath the template, no armour or cover saves are allowed

Nurgle’s Children- All close combat attacks that kill an enemy unit on a roll to wound of 6 (after armour saves) cause the model to become a Chaos Spawn, these spawn have the mindless rule and are controlled by the player that controls Foulspawn.

Do not disallusion yourself brothers, today we die, our bodies broken and our souls shattered, we will be remembered as corpses on a battlefield.Raise hell my brothers for one day our great Father will hear of our struggle, and he will be honoured to call us his Sons. In death our Glory shall become eternal.' Karik Farron, 1st Lord of the Dark Scorchers at the Fall of Kempar.

'like a blind man in a dark room trying to find a black cat that isn't there'-imntdead

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-09, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

plague-tastic icecream's Flag is: USA

Thanks! Those rules look good, I dont think that my friends will have any problems with those rules.

There already used to having a difficult time killing my stuff considering I field plague marines and termis with the mark of nurgle.

"In the embrace of Great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with his pestilential favor I have become that which I once most feared, Death."
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-09, 03:25 PM

Aktar09's Flag is: United Kingdom

nice profile, but what about a rule for foulspawns appearance - the one that makes enemys freeze with disgust:

Terrifying appearance: At the start of every turn, all enemy units within 6' of foulspawn must take a leadership check and, if they fail, will not move, shoot or , in close combat, attack at all and be hit automatically
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-09, 05:00 PM

Concrete Hero's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktar09 View Post
nice profile, but what about a rule for foulspawns appearance - the one that makes enemys freeze with disgust:

Terrifying appearance: At the start of every turn, all enemy units within 6' of foulspawn must take a leadership check and, if they fail, will not move, shoot or , in close combat, attack at all and be hit automatically
Just a wee bit overpowered don't you think?

Maybe just not move OR not shoot OR cannot strike back in assault (not hit automatically)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode