IG Army with SoB/WH - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-09, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Default IG Army with SoB/WH

OK I have a pretty good witch hunter army - lots of SoB, flagellants, repentias, penny tent hen jeans and a couple of immolators and an exorcist. I've been round at a mates leafing through his new IG codex. Exciting stuff!!

Sooo.... I've been thinking about maybe getting together a basic IG outfit which I could combine the witch hunters into. Now if I understand it right, if I have a WH army, I can only conscript IG in as troops- but if I have an IG army, I can spend up to half the points on SoB/WH as long as I keep the HQ as guardsmen.

Could I ask what people's views on this are? Is this legal or not , and do people think it is a good idea? If so, what units would you recommend if I was making a 1500 point army, half of which would be WH...

Any help much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-09, 09:56 PM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

yes it is legal but there is a catch, if your IG you can take IG stuff and only the following form the sisters

0 - 1 HQ
0 - 1 ELITES
0 - 2 TROOPS
0 - 1 FAST ATTACK

meanwhile if you go witch hunters and allie with the IG you can only take this from the IG

platoon
amoured fist squad
setinal squad
rough riders
0 - 1 leman russ

basically whichever army you go with you are limited with the other choices. the info is on pages 25, 26 for the witch hunters codex

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is [email protected], add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-09, 11:10 PM
phillbrick's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells_fury View Post

meanwhile if you go witch hunters and allies with the IG you can only take this from the IG

platoon
amoured fist squad
setinal squad
rough riders
0 - 1 leman russ

basically whichever army you go with you are limited with the other choices. the info is on pages 25, 26 for the witch hunters codex
Remember though with the new IG codex that comes out in a few weeks that armored fist squads are no longer a separate Troops choice, and it's also a little unclear about the leman russ option, (now that there are so many variants and they can be in squadrons) on what exactly that will mean now.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-09, 11:54 PM

chromedog's Flag is: Australia

WH & DH will need an FAQ on what inducted units they can take from the new IG when it happens (I don't use ANY inducted units in mine, so I'll be fine for now).

Hey! Where'd ... Everybody ... go?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-09, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

I currently have a squad of storm troopers in my sisters army for which I have used the Karskin trooper models. Painted them black and red- looking good- fit in with my argent shroud sisters.

i've had another look through the WH codex and it is not particularly clear. I suppose the best way to do it would be to take the IG army option and add in the cream of the WH... a storming HQ (canoness & her retinue), a priest and his flagellants or some repentias, a load of SoB and a squad of celestians.

Either that or take an inquisitor and bring some assassins!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-09, 09:35 AM

if you want an assassin, you have to take an inq lord as 2nd hq ( your first has to be a IG HQ ), so you can use your WH elite slot for it.
If you want to field just a little SoB flavor to your army, I'd recommend getting 2 troops, a fast attack and an HQ.
2 squads of sisters to screen your guardsmen, giving them that nice 4+ cover save.
1 squad of Seraphim to jump ahead and cause mischief.
1 Tooled up cannoness to jump in alone and unleash hell on earth.
In all, that's around 650 points worth of Witchhunters. with a total of 5 faith points, enough to give them that faithfull boost to distract enough so your heavy armour can blow away the enemy. And ofcourse masses of lasguns to annihilate anything else.

TKE's NTGU Brigade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
Einar is right.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode