Cheesiest rule - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-07, 07:20 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

You can get multiple 1's. You just re-roll the ones that are doubles that aren't 1's. It's very possible not to get Siren. Most people who take a Siren make sure to take at least seven rolls on that table to be sure they get it. I love how psychic powers don't count against any limitations the model has...

I don't think it's cheesy per se, but it's just sort of stupid as far as the fluff and what it actually does. Most soldiers, even relatively untrained guardsmen, are going to know that their loved ones aren't going to be running towards them from the other end of a warzone, ESPECIALLY if they know they're fighting against a moral threat. It might make some hesitate, but it certainly wouldn't stop someone from shooting. Especially the likes of a Commissar, Space Marines, etc.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-09-07, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Yeah. THe drawback to an assault cannon is it's short range. It only has two feet. Lascannons have the benefit of added safety of long range. Or did we forget about range when it come's to a waepons usefulness?

Wisdom means having the ability to admit what you do not know. - Me

Mother nature does not give do overs. - Me too
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-11-07, 06:57 PM

id go for feel no pain, ive laid out some nice hits on a tau commander before and he's shrugged them off. might not be exactly cheesy, but its really annoying when my stabby sword wont kill him.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-11-07, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathwinder14
Yeah. THe drawback to an assault cannon is it's short range. It only has two feet. Lascannons have the benefit of added safety of long range. Or did we forget about range when it come's to a waepons usefulness?
Everything that uses an Assault Cannon can fire after moving, allowing them to hit things that were 30" away - difficult terrain tests aside. Also it's often the case that to hit something and because of terrain there isn't more than a 30" fire lane to the target. Also Terminator and Tornadoes can DS, and Dreadnoughts can appear by drop pod.

I'd say yes they still benefit from that extra range, but not majorly so.

Heresy grows from idleness.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-12-07, 12:36 AM

Skcuzzlebumm's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus
You can get multiple 1's. You just re-roll the ones that are doubles that aren't 1's. It's very possible not to get Siren.
like my mate on tuesday taking a siren prince for the 1st time and rolling 4 1's!!! didn't get siren on his 7 dice at all and was gutted to say the least.

Then got pawned by the afor mentioned Asscannon - rending is such a desider with that one. A little luck and jesus those guns are evil. 2 Tornadoes basically won me Conflict Manchester 2 years back.

On these kind of rules notes, one i like but have often been accused of cheesey for is rhino hearding.

Bascially you use a tankshocking vehicle to hit along the flank of the enemy unit. Now they have to move out of the way but maintain coherency so end up squashing in amongst thier fellow squad members, all nice and clumped up ready for some template weapon action.

I used to do this all the time with my marines and thier twin-flamer rhino units - was devastating. Pretty much works with any other army.

Just one of those little things ppl never seem to realise, just like how i play assault.

Field Marshall Lord Neil Alister Mackenzie Kerr the Marquess of Lothian
aka Team Scotland 40k Captain 2012
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-07, 04:21 AM

Who said Living Metal is broken? Sure, it sounds great, but the Monolith would be about as useful as tits on a bull without it. The entire point of the Monolith is that it's slow as buggery, but unstoppable.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-07, 09:47 PM
Warboss Dakka's Flag is: USA

I have to say Mad Boyz... I know it's been mentioned but I used to tell everyone there is NO cheese in 40k, NONE! Str 5 BS 3 Slugga Boy for 7 points? GW, you broke it...

post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-14-07, 03:49 AM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

I don;t recall seeing mad boyz in the orc codex. Where are they at?

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-14-07, 04:17 AM

Anphicar's Flag is: USA

Right here, Galahad.

Its in the Feral Ork PDF.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orks/fe...l-ork-list.pdf

About 3/4 of the way down.

You guys are forgetting Mad Boys tend to mess themselves up, too, though.

Cheers! :D

post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-14-07, 04:48 AM

It's one of those Chapter Approved lists that always have some very good thing but mostly very bad things. Though, admittedly, the fun of putting a third-tier Squiggoth, larger than the average cat, on a 28 millimetre-scale table, is very hard to surpass.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode