Your opportunity to bitch and moan about your armies codex - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-07, 10:35 PM

nah, they should have CC suits and technology, plus maybe some extra stuff around kroot. Them jumping out of cc would be too good, and make them the ultimate army.

Check out my gamer Blog
http://gamergeekery.blogspot.co.uk/2...rs-in-40k.html

Jezlad "I actually commented that Jigplums list was the least scary list I faced. Then took a pasting"
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/jigplums
http://www.coolminiornot.com/160095
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-07, 10:47 PM
Warboss Dakka's Flag is: USA

Rants about my Ork Codex:

We are looters and yet the only people we can really loot is the Imperium?

What in the blazes of Doom is the point of Stikk Bommas?

I understand why Ork Boyz are str 3. I understand why Ork Boyz have a 6+ armor save. I even understand why they are 9 points per model. For the life of me I cannot fathom why o' why Orks have an initiative of 2... Best fix for this imo is leave it at a 2, but let the Orks roll for the Waaagghhhh! every turn of close combat. This keeps their initiative reasonable as long as they have good numbers and low once they loose too many boyz and thus the momentum.

The new transport rules make Trukk Boyz transport into a deathtrap. Best way to fix this is let regular ork armies take ork fields.

Lastly, Orks have the greatest Tellyporta technology in the universe and yet the only way they can deepstrike is by taking Lootas who have looted marine squads (and thus can steal their drop pod.)

post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-07, 10:48 PM

Skcuzzlebumm's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sinkoran
anyone else think the broodlord looks like kirmit the frog or is it just me and my silghtly insane friends?
You aint seen my hunched over pink and slighlty phallic broodlord then have you?

- will take a pic if i can be arsed.

Field Marshall Lord Neil Alister Mackenzie Kerr the Marquess of Lothian
aka Team Scotland 40k Captain 2012

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-07, 10:53 PM

Skcuzzlebumm's Flag is: Scotland

ORKS - yeah that one i nver got, look that them they are built like tanks, why are they S3? Even in WFB it makes no sense.

1k Sons - yes that is a massive dissapointment, they where an ok army back in 3rd ed, tough to use but rewarding. Now they are utterly inferior to anything else. Ooooo wooo i get 2 wounds and always count as stationary with my bolter. Oooooo but wait a minute you don't need to stay still to rapid fire anyway.

Plus low I, high points and bascially a reliance on uber CC daemonrprinces and tanks to win the game. Not very fluffy i you ask me.

Another one for the melting pot, necrons. Great list game wise, but so dull. Why bother with anything but destoryers and warriors? Even monoliths don't really cut it. That list needs looking at to bring in varaity of some form - tough for souless robots i know but hey.

Field Marshall Lord Neil Alister Mackenzie Kerr the Marquess of Lothian
aka Team Scotland 40k Captain 2012
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-07, 11:05 PM
Warboss Dakka's Flag is: USA

Orks are STr 3 because Str 4 makes them too good against MEQ's. At the same time, having Orks just Str 3 made them too poor. Since you used to be able to give a Nob a power weapon, you would buy an Ork horde simply to get the Nob into CC. They fixed this by making Orks Str 3, keeping the Nob Str 4 but taking away his Power Weapon and giving them all the Choppa Rule. This made them balanced imo, except for their total lack of Init. Having fifty attacks means nil if you never get the chance to swing your Choppa.

post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-09-07, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Necrons only having 1 troop choice burns me up! Flayed ones should be troops IMO to allow a CC army to be the focus for a change.

That and Wraiths suck at the points they cost. They should be Str4 or 5 but have Power Weapons

The Essex Warhounds Gaming Club

When the Old Wolf calls I will answer
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-11-07, 01:18 AM

Cadian81st's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboss Dakka
I understand why Ork Boyz are str 3. I understand why Ork Boyz have a 6+ armor save. I even understand why they are 9 points per model. For the life of me I cannot fathom why o' why Orks have an initiative of 2...
They have initiative 2 cause they're dumber than a box of rocks, that's why. "Ehh...the shooty gubbin goes dis way, and the stabby gubbin goes dat way!"

One more rant about IG. We have no effective means of fielding snipers w/o taking a doctrine point for a squad of ratlings. Yeah, Light Infantry sure, but what if we want a heavy weapon as well as a sniper rifle. Sigh...

post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-11-07, 01:23 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccp_one
yeah i agree with cadian81st about the heavies.

also i dont like the way that the doctrines are unspecific about support squads - eg for carapace armour do you pay 20 points for the entire command platoon, for each support squad or can they even have it at all??
Well actually it clearly says it must be given to every available model or Infantry squad, which is clearly listed in the guard infantry section.

post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-13-07, 03:24 AM

As loathe as I am to go all codex whiny, given the whole hatred-of-unsubstantiated-whining-gibberish thing, there is one thing that always bothered me about the Templars in their new codex. The image of a massive army of knightly figures charging forward is well substantiated everywhere but in the mounted section. Templar bikes are just not any good. You can give them a use if you really want to, but you can just as easily cut them out. The numbers and points of terminators (once upgrades are on), combined with a flaccid charge, ensures that they just aren't any good at what the whole Templar fluff screams they should be good at. Would it have really been that hard just to give them the incredibly fluffy and stylish furious charge option?
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-16-07, 02:49 AM

Anphicar's Flag is: USA

*Prepare for immense amount of greed in this short post*

I have started SM due to the great fluff.

I thought they would be even stronger than they are.

:\

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode