What is the most annoying thing in a game - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-10-09, 10:29 PM

marcch's Flag is: Canada

1-Smelly players, I don't care if you wear a loincloth or a barrel to a game just wash your body and brush your teeth

2- Foul language. Tolerable once in a great while (especially after a particularly bad thing happening), but if I wanted to hear that crap all day long I'll go to the docks or something.

3-Poor losers.

4-Poor winners.

5-Lack of respect for others and the place you're in. Those types I'll never play. I'll walk out of a game for that one.

Generally I'll play anyone once and if they're an asshole it will be the last game. I realise that I may be found to be a pain by someone as well and try to limit that as much as I can.

If your plan seems to be working...something's wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-10-09, 10:39 PM

Revelations's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledor View Post
I'm sorry, but is this is a problem?
Only because I went there to play 40K. Now I have a bomb shell using her sexuality to exploit my more... feral nature. I'm either going to have to go emotionally dead and turn her into girl version 1 when she realizes her charms aren't working on me. Or I'm going to have to start flirting with her, eventually having one thing lead to another and I end up doing things if I mentioned would get me at the very least suspended from the forums. Or if I'm feeling frisky, lift up my shirt and drop my pants just enough when she gets to get distracted by my clevage.

Pondering...
post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-10-09, 11:22 PM
The Hammer of Olympia

BlackApostleVilhelm's Flag is: USA

people who complain....a lot. i have a few of these that play with my friends and i since our local GW up and left and i honestly dont know why we keep them around. it bugs the hell out of me. also those who swear because they think it makes them look cool. now i am not going to lie i do have a swearing problem, obviously not on forums cause i dont want to get kicked off, but in real life it's pretty bad. but i will admit it makes sense when i swear if you know what i mean. we have one kid says fuck i dont know how many times and it sounds sooooooooo bad.

as for other things, the girlies can be a problem. when they try that shit on me and show me their assets i flirt back and beat the shit out of their army at the same time.

Here is the beginning of my fluff for my Iron Warriors Eighth Grand Company https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=51842

"A fortress is a living thing: the commander its brain, the walls its bones, the sensors its eyes and ears, the troops its blood, their weapons its fists. This tells us two things: If one organ fails, the whole dies. And if the whole dies, no single organ can survive alone."

post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-10-09, 11:34 PM

Most anoying thing ever? *thinks* *thinks* *thinks*

The guy who shows up with a big cardboard box full of asorted guard tanks and infantry. 5% of witch are painted, 40% of witch are asembled compleatly. 2% are unrecognisable and revealed half way thru the game to be a demolisher. Thats really about it, my local store is awsome.

But serriously the guy is horible, his basalisks will fall apart when he moves them. Someone find him and give him some glue (I'm to greedy and selfish)

"A true king is never alone, his will is equal to the will of all of his followers."
-Alexander the Great, kind of
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-11-09, 12:02 AM
Arcane's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
Only because I went there to play 40K. Now I have a bomb shell using her sexuality to exploit my more... feral nature. I'm either going to have to go emotionally dead and turn her into girl version 1 when she realizes her charms aren't working on me. Or I'm going to have to start flirting with her, eventually having one thing lead to another and I end up doing things if I mentioned would get me at the very least suspended from the forums. Or if I'm feeling frisky, lift up my shirt and drop my pants just enough when she gets to get distracted by my clevage.
Or you could just realize that she is just another person and play like normal. Women are not aliens lol.

Most annoying thing has got to be a players who ignore the slight nuances of rules, like measuring precisely because they are over eager to try out their newest uber tactic.

Second most annoying this has got to be people who boast about how powerful their unit is while failing to mention it costs 200 points or that it is only good at one thing. Rock beats scissors, scissors beat paper and paper beats rock, but that never seems to stop the rock player from constantly talking about rock.
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-11-09, 12:15 AM

If anything seriously annoyed me, I probably wouldn't bother to play.

That said, people who don't know da rulz, and would rather argue it than look it up in the BRB can be bothersome.

I'm certain you all know the type.
post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-11-09, 12:25 AM

Mivarlocht's Flag is: Germany

I'm not incredibly fond of the dickish guy who thinks he's the man at the FLGS. For example, there is a male with nine fingers at my FLGS who played Mech Warrior with four or five other people. Over time, his attitude problem and moronic anecdotes whittled the number down to three, including himself. The other two were a father and son combo, and said dickish guy proceeded to call the father a cheater in front of everyone (in addition to telling him to jump in a lake), even though the father was correct in his interpretation of the rules. I was relieved when I found out that I wouldn't have to deal with him anymore.... until he showed up the next week with a Space Marines army
post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-11-09, 12:41 AM
is going to DISNEY LAND

khorneflake's Flag is: USA

I admit, I do have my faults.
i AM a rather loud person
i DO get distracted easily
but i at least aknowledge it

however something that really pisses me off is:
the guy who has to look upevery. single. rule.
him: heavy bolters str and AP?
me: str 5 ap 5.
him: ok BS of guardsmen?
me: 3....
him: so thats a 3 up?
me: 4+
him: are you SURE?
me: yes
him: im going to go look it up, be right back
(5 minutes later)
him: ok you were right
me: ok, you hit and didnt wound
him: no, heavy bolters are str 6, i wound space marines on a 2+
me:you know what, screw it
i get my army and leave

http://host71690.123flashchat.com/TalkWargaming/
Pop a cold one and join us in the TalkWargaming flaschat!

Last edited by khorneflake; 03-11-09 at 12:50 AM.
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-11-09, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiraldick View Post
the smelly, long-haired ginger gits that wear illfitting, black, bin-bag-like leather trench coats and hats like the freakin' pirate guy from Time Team, and then have the nerve to think that they and their ugly girlfriends are cool.

i have no idea why there are so many of them, you would have thought that it was such a specific description that there couldn't possibly be more than one. but i know 3 and there's even a picture of one queuing up for Games Day on the GW website. why the hell has no one told them that if they dressed a bit better then people wouldn't look at them with disgust in the street?

seriously though, i number one gripe about 40k gamers is that there are very few good dressers. i was a little upset to find that when i last visited Warhammer World that i was the only person to be wearing a casual shirt. everyone else had turned up in ugly, baggy t-shirts that they'd pick up 'off the market', that came in a range of colours that make a black and white printer look colourful.

its seriously off putting to people outside the hobby, and hardly encourages people from other markets. it wouldn't be hard for GW to produce some decently fitting t-shirts with colourful designs that were excessively nerdy and cheap looking, would it?

oh, and take a shower!
ha ha ha yeah nothing worse then a stinky opponent in a tourny where you have to play them and be near them.

i wear nice clothes von zipper billabong etc but most of our club dresses tidy except one always has some freaking horrible hawian style shirt and baggy pants
post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-11-09, 02:51 AM

Deceiver's Flag is: USA

opp. who gets distracted by everyone in the store and his cell phone.
are we gonna finish setup before store closes?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode