using proxies permanently - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-09, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

Default using proxies permanently

ok, i want a heavy bolter squad for my sisters but at $20 a heavy bolter the squads gonna cost me nearly $100 with a veteran. now with each squad of sisters comes storm bolters which i dont use cause i replace them with heavy flamers i find on ebay. i was thinking, storm bolters look like they could easily be heavy bolters, maybe do a bit of converting or something and bamm heavy bolter. now my main question, is something like this acceptable?

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is [email protected], add me and ill talk with anyone :p

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-09, 11:25 PM

I would say as long as you do some serious converting so that it's obvious that it's not just a storm bolter, I think you'd be okay. Since the storm bolter is smaller, maybe if you glue two or three together into some kind of super storm bolter and maybe add some green stuff, you could call it a pre-heresy bolter from the SOB armory. I totally agree that it's a pain when you want to field a squad of something, but then find out that's going to cost $100+ for a single squad just because of special weapons. Good luck!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-09, 11:35 PM

Find 5 suckers who bought the codex space marine battle force and steal them from their scout unit they'll never use. Or do some serious conversion. For house/ non-tourny games most are going to be cool with proxies but if you're looking to go to tournaments with the sisters than I'm pretty certain most enforce what you see is what you get

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-09, 12:24 AM
Powered by Squig Tea

Viscount Vash's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells_fury View Post
ok, i want a heavy bolter squad for my sisters but at $20 a heavy bolter the squads gonna cost me nearly $100 with a veteran. now with each squad of sisters comes storm bolters which i dont use cause i replace them with heavy flamers i find on ebay. i was thinking, storm bolters look like they could easily be heavy bolters, maybe do a bit of converting or something and bamm heavy bolter. now my main question, is something like this acceptable?

Guard players should have spare Heavy Bolters if you can't get holld of SM scout ones.

Storm Bolters would have to be seriously converted to look like anything but Storm Bolters imo.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-09, 12:46 AM
Arcane's Flag is: USA

I second taking some plastic Heavy Bolters from another army. You may even be able to find some on ebay in a spare sprue.

After that it is just a matter of filing and cutting down your poor SoB :/

I will tell you this. Every game I have played with my 4 Heavy bolters made me love them more. Sitting pretty up in a building, raining 12 shots per turn really makes your enemy squirm.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-09, 01:46 AM

gabool's Flag is: USA

If its friendly games most people (at least the ones i play with) dont care if you proxy something its meant to be a fun game so imo as long as your not trying to proxy a box as a tank it should be fine

Dark Angels since 5th edition
W-10 D-2 L-3
Imperial Guard since 5th eddition
W-14 D-2 L-4
Dark Eldar since 5th edition (until new dex)
W-15 D-2 L-5
Dark Eldar Since new codex
W-23 D-5 L-3
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-09, 04:37 AM

Lord of Rebirth's Flag is: Canada

Modify existing sisters with a marine heavy bolter. From what I have seen heavy bolters are twice is along and taller than storm bolters. As in they are SERIOUSLY bigger than storm bolters which are actually just twin linked bolters.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-09, 06:24 AM
catacan's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabool View Post
If its friendly games most people (at least the ones i play with) dont care if you proxy something its meant to be a fun game so imo as long as your not trying to proxy a box as a tank it should be fine
A box no but i once proxied an excorcist with a can of coca cola, first time my local gw store ever saw a coke can destory a terminator squad in a turn lol.

As for the topic, from experience of trying to convert sob to hold more heavy bolters, it is possible to do it if u get some plastic heavy bolters from sm, just dont attempt it yourself if you are as bad as me at converting i almost lost a finger tip wasn't pretty.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-09, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

oks, well atm the best i can do is just make it look chain fed (working on painting unpainted units so im not to worried about the storm/heavy bolters yet. heres a pic of the early converting while i try and get the parts. yes i just noticed the chain is crooked gah

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is [email protected], add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-09, 07:52 AM

wombat_tree's Flag is: Australia

It looks good. And as has been said there could be a problem if u take it to a tourney but against friends or even at your local games workshop it should be okay heck Ive made a hierophant our of lego bionicles to use tommorow against crimson fist 7 his brother and his brothers friend....it acctualy looks pretty good and its the same size as the forge world one so there souldnt be any problems for me.

Praise the sun!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode