Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

What to get with forgeworld voucher?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  deangeloj1995 
#1 ·
Dear Heretics, I have a F.W voucher and am torn on what to get, I collect spacemarines and am looking at either a leviathan or deredeo dreadnought, both fantastic minis and I love dreadnought, help me make up my mind!

#2 ·
I'd say it largely depends on what role you want it to fill. The Deredeo is a ranged attacker with a potential bit of buffing for other units in your gunline. It's flat out a long ranged heavy fire support platform, and it's very good at the role - it's especially good for shooting Jetbikes and heavier Jump infantry. The only compromise is the weirdly specced Invulnerable save, which I suppose might let friendly units get clear from the explosion if it gets into melee. It can do excellently if you're aiming for a defensive posture or to support squads all over the field from a safe-ish distance.

The Leviathan is quite a bit tougher, especially if your enemy doesn't have easy access to S9+ weaponry (speaking as a Sisters main, the amount of Meltaguns it takes to down one of the things is ridiculous) with the point cost to match. While it's got good ranged weapon options, they're all fairly short ranged. This thing is as subtle as a brick to the face, very much a Dreadnought meant for supporting an aggressive push, getting stuck in and ruining someone's day - though it can get swamped pretty easily on its own. Note the enthusiastic 9" D3 explosion.

Reactions: Old Man78
#4 · (Edited)
I'd say it largely depends on what role you want it to fill. The Deredeo is a ranged attacker with a potential bit of buffing for other units in your gunline. It's flat out a long ranged heavy fire support platform, and it's very good at the role - it's especially good for shooting Jetbikes and heavier Jump infantry. The only compromise is the weirdly specced Invulnerable save, which I suppose might let friendly units get clear from the explosion if it gets into melee. It can do excellently if you're aiming for a defensive posture or to support squads all over the field from a safe-ish distance.
google street view
The Leviathan is quite a bit tougher, especially if your enemy doesn't have easy access to S9+ weaponry (speaking as a Sisters main, the amount of Meltaguns it takes to down one of the things is ridiculous) with the point cost to match. While it's got good ranged weapon options, they're all fairly short ranged. This thing is as subtle as a brick to the face, very much a Dreadnought meant for supporting an aggressive push, getting stuck in and ruining someone's day - though it can get swamped pretty easily on its own. Note the enthusiastic 9" D3 explosion.
Thanks guys. It was helpful

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.