Bike/Bike armies - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-17, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

Default Bike/Bike armies

Currently I'm working on my ravenwing right now and I was wondering if anyone here uses bikes (not necessarily RW) or has played against bikes. How did they do? Were they hard to play with or against?
I'm really thinking about doing 2 knights with RW bikes all over the place or 1 knight with 1 flyer and bikes. This just sounds fun in my head but I don't want to be ROFLstomp every one or be "that guy" (yes, play what you like and what is fun to you, I get that. But still, I want both of us to have fun).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-17, 07:04 AM
Feed

Haven't seen enough bikes to judge yet. I assume the main advantage would be their increased movement, since USR are gone and all other advantages are included in what the unit can do.

I guess it would be up to playtesting before you could really know. Start with one knight and if it proves to be too fragile alone then up it to two.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-17, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Sounds good. I know it's to early to give/have definitive answers.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-17, 01:22 PM

I find that the regular RW bikes are no comparison to RW Knights these days.

I'd typically field two units with one tooled up with meltaguns and the other stock knights. Always struggled to get the melta bikes to perform for me though, and now with plasma being much safer I'm just going to double down on the plasma talons.

I had been a eldar jetbike player supported by different aspect warriors too but the eldar jetbikes just don't seem to cut it any more, particularly as they are no longer troops.

My brother was always good at using his CSM nurgle bikes as they are just incredibly tough.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-17, 06:47 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

I have been using them as highly mobile small arms gun boats. They tend to fold to anything with AP modifiers. Pretty much use them to force saves on things that they can wound without much issue. Plan to try a unit of Wolf Guard on bikes with Storm Bolters in the next few weeks. That 40 bolter shots in rapid fire range for 5 guys :-p

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-17, 05:12 PM

Yeah that's not bad actually. Fairly cheap too I imagine.

Maybe I just need to keep trying with them and pray to the dice gods more! ;)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-17, 07:00 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

only thing I can say for ravenwing is RW Black Knights and plasma tallons, and as much plasma as possible on the rest. plasma is pretty good this edition.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-17, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

I'm still building/painting, but that is fine because I'm waiting for the DA codex to drop before I take them to the field. What I'd really like to run is a ton of bikes and a Knight (maybe add a 2nd knight for a higher point game). In my head, I think it could be fun to play but if it turns out for some reason that it is just curbstomping everything, I'll change it obviously and the same goes if my opponents just don't find it fun. There's at least two of ever DA item in my collect (tac marines is around 70, DW terms is at 35 or 40, RW bikes including atk bikes is at 30). So I can swap it to anything really.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in