Primaris Space Marines - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-15-17, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Default Primaris Space Marines

I have to say, these models do look pretty cool. I like!

https://warhammer40000.com/home/news/

It turns out that Chaos has their own band...
https://youtu.be/rTGzcdq0_NQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-15-17, 07:19 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Really like the minis, conceptually and fluff wise not really feeling the love, all a bit Mary Sue. I think they should have gone down the road of Guilliman and Cawl throwing off the dogmatic shackles of the mechanics to build quicker and faster, and rather than super super humans, just have the better mark of armour with its better life support conveying the extra wounds ect. That being said I'm not against it completely like I am about Centurions which no matter how great they make them will NEVER be in my army.......if it ever gets finished! Don't laugh it could happen
neferhet likes this.

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-15-17, 09:45 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Yeah, it's probably a good idea to move this discussion into its own thread.

The models look decent enough, though I'm not liking the helmets too much... maybe they'll grow on me. Posing them with the vehicles the way they did makes it obvious that we're going to need bigger doors. I'm glad they acknowledge the obvious lore problem at least somewhat

Quote:
Many Chapter Masters have welcomed their Primaris brethren into their ranks, accepting the new reinforcements gladly. Others, though, view these new creations with suspicion or outright hostility, claiming that the Emperor’s work should not have been meddled with.

Though they are a step removed from their brothers, the Primaris Space Marines still bear the gene-seed of their Primarchs, and some dissenting voices worry how this new type of warrior will react with the known genetic quirks and flaws of some of the more unusual Chapters…
which right now means my biggest problem is that I feel like I've heard this story before.

Chaos is triumphant as Archaon Abaddon strikes out from the Northern Wastes Eye of Terror, dealing the world Imperium a terrible blow. However, all hope is not lost due to the return of Sigmar Guilliman who, quickly concluding that normal human forces are not enough, orders the Chambers Mars to unleash the forces of the Stormcast Eternals Primaris Space Marines!
Fallen and Tawa like this.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-15-17, 10:43 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I love the minis. They look really dynamic. Can't wait to see the rest of the kits. If these are in the starter box I'll be all over it. Better get on with my next eBay sale to fund it.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-15-17, 10:52 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Caught a comment over on B&C, ADBs upcomming Emperor's Spears novel will feature the Primaris marines.
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/t...black-library/
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-15-17, 11:44 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
Caught a comment over on B&C, ADBs upcomming Emperor's Spears novel will feature the Primaris marines.
Primaris Marines in Black Library - + THE BLACK LIBRARY + - The Bolter and Chainsword
Text from the post:

Primaris Marines have just been announced.

If BL has any commercial sense they should have in some tie-ins dealing with Primaris Marines coming soon. Striking while the Iron is hot will go a good way towards promoting sales of the new models. I'd be massively surprised if we didn't see a quick tie in, called Primaris or something, followed by a quite a few more texts. ADB has more or less confirmed that there will be Primaris Marines in his upcoming Emperor's Spears book (although I'd say that is probably still a while away from hitting the shelves and nothing he creates can be accused of being just a tie in). These Marines have obviously been planned for some times, it'd be almost negligence for BL not to have plans for them as well.

Given that these marines are so new there is a lot of scope for how they develop. Its been a while since GW introduced something completely new. Primaris marines's fluff is pretty inchoate in comparison to other long established types of marine- perhaps there'll be works which rival the Eisenhorn trilogy which was first intended to be a tie in with Inquisitor. What topics and themes do you think could be addressed with these new marines? It'll be interesting to see how Space Marines adapt to having new Primaris marines introduced into their ranks. Given that they tend to be fairly dominant personalities I'd say there is a good chance they'll have difficulty adapting to newer, more powerful, brothers.

There are also some interesting challenges for the authors. I wonder how they are going to work with the existing the fluff. For starters Primaris marines are all going to be much younger than other space marines , although some are already interned in dreadnoughts. Given that marines recruit young will these new super warriors also be teenagers? If not how have they been secret till now? Maybe on the other hand they can be made from fully grown adults.

It'd be interesting to hear people's thoughts.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-16-17, 07:35 AM

Entarion's Flag is: Czech Republic

Well, I was really worried about them but since my army is based on veteran models I might have use for them from fluff perspective of my chapter. And although there will be more kits and even vehicles released it is good that current fluff says they are just addition and not substitutes.

And why they shouldn't be. GW will just sell Space Marine army within Space Marine army with minimal effort and risks. I actually don't care. I will have more new models to paint. And Primaris Redemptor Dreadnought..? Instabuy!

Models look good. Quite bulky SpecOps marines and definitely head-taller. Though names like Primaris and Intercessors ?? What a generic AoS-ish names. Either they want to go AoS road or they are not really inventive.

From fluff perspective it seems that maybe everybody will love them since any chapter can use them ? I don't really expect that fluff in future codex will be great though I am looking forward to it. But I hope that BL writers will put some depth into new marine characters and their interactions with other marines and forces of Imperium.

Nothing really changes for me from modelling perspective so I am happy with this.

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-16-17, 04:26 PM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hmm I do like the new mk armour bar the kneecap, that just looks wrong!
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-16-17, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Does anyone else think that the new bolters look awesome?

It turns out that Chaos has their own band...
https://youtu.be/rTGzcdq0_NQ
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-16-17, 08:36 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuke View Post
Hmm I do like the new mk armour bar the kneecap, that just looks wrong!
It looks just like the stormcast kneecap, I do have a dread fear in the back of my mind of a hybrid bastard creation of AoS and 40k sometime in the near future
neferhet likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode