So I'll have to get new rules to even begin, but these are the armies I have:
- Tau (My biggest collection by far, something like 120 Kroot, 80 Fire Warriors, 3 Hammerheads, 30 Stealth Suits, 18 Crisis suits, 1 sniper drone team, 30 Pathfinders, several Devilfish and a Piranha or two)
- Some Space Marines I don't want to use (but it contains mostly 2 tac squads, 1 devastator squad, 1 vindicator, 1 land speeder typhoon, and everything from Dark Vengeance)
- Chaos Marines, mostly Thousand Sons, a Nurgle Terminator Lord + Dark Vengeance contents which I never assembled (stopped expanding this army when I saw the price of Plaguemarines)
- Dark Eldar (My second biggest collection, two of the old battleforces, 5 Incubi, 10 Wracks, 9 Venoms, 1 Razorwhatever jetfighter, 4 additional Kabalite boxes of which the maximum possible was built as Trueborn already, 2 extra Wych boxes. Some extremely old school special characters like Lelith, Urien, Drazhar - biggest weakness of this army is I never bought any Heavy Support for it, I loathe Ravagers and will never use them, I need a playable alternative)
- Orks, 7 Killa Kans, 3 Dreads and 10 Deffkoptas and then warboss and a bunch o' boyz
- Tyranids, just a huge freaking box of them, all I know is that there are 9 Raveners, which used to be my favourite model back in 3rd ed. before they updated them and destroyed their looks
This is the stuff that survived my rage-sale of a lot of 40K last time around. But now that they seem to be doing some alright things again, purely politically, I want to show support towards the correct behaviour (talking about battleforces, community site and such)
What should I focus on getting ready first? I have seen new Rubric Marines, which makes me interested in Chaos, but I always wanted to run Plaguemarines but they're still prohibitively expensive. How is the Nurgle Daemon "Start collecting!" box in terms of "goodness"?
Tau: the Ghostkeel makes me moist in all sorts of places and I like the look of the formation with it since all I EVER wanted to do with Tau ever since day 1 of their existence was to make an all-stealth army. How viable is it? Does Shadowsun now allow you to take ONLY Shadowsun without having to take any additional commander tax?
Dark Eldar I obviously invested quite heavily in so I'd like to get them operative too. The problem is heavy support. Is the Voidraven usable now? What about Talos/ Cronos? I do not. I repeat, NOT use Ravagers. Absolute no-no model concept of derp that should have been axed after 3rd.
Appreciate all and any suggestions.
Edit: Oh yeah, is there anything I should know about combining Nurgle and Tzeentch too? Because that was my plan all along, all the Dark Vengeance stuff would be Nurgl'd, and then I'd add 2 squads of Thousand Sons.
Edit 2: On account of my allergy to Ravagers I remember at one point I was planning to add an Eldar allied detachment to my Dark Eldar, would that still work? I would want a Farbike, bike troops, Wraithguard to put in a Dark Eldar Raider and one of them Crimson Hunter planes?