Why do people hate the Ultramarines? - Page 25 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 266 (permalink) Old 04-08-10, 08:04 AM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

Originally Posted by Cato Sicarius
2) How do you know Space Marines even wear underwear? According to old fluff their genitalia was cut-off during the transformation process anyways.

We asked Jervis about this at GDUK last year, and the answer was typical: GW have a big file on all SM stuff and it does have info on genitals in it, but they won't say one way or the other what that is and they also reserve the right to change their mind on it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 266 (permalink) Old 04-08-10, 07:21 PM

Cato Sicarius's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklove View Post
Originally Posted by Cato Sicarius
2) How do you know Space Marines even wear underwear? According to old fluff their genitalia was cut-off during the transformation process anyways.

We asked Jervis about this at GDUK last year, and the answer was typical: GW have a big file on all SM stuff and it does have info on genitals in it, but they won't say one way or the other what that is and they also reserve the right to change their mind on it...
So the only source we have is the old fluff which states that it was removed.
post #243 of 266 (permalink) Old 04-09-10, 03:26 AM

Lucio's Flag is: USA

I don't really dislike them. My chapter is not fond of them for their devotion to the codex, but personally marines are marines.

post #244 of 266 (permalink) Old 04-09-10, 07:19 PM

The answer is obvious. They're a band of heretical deviants in league with the Eldar, who let them use their webway gates. That means they'll all be purged in 6th edition.

We can always dream. :p
post #245 of 266 (permalink) Old 05-30-10, 01:05 AM

i think its because they have nothing unique theyre just marines i mean take the space wolves(one of my favorite chapters) their heightened senses that stands them out and the salamanders ( my favorite obviously i mean look at my name) they have a demonic appearance by being black and having eyes that are seemingly on fire but the ultras are just disgustingly normal no offense ultra lovers
post #246 of 266 (permalink) Old 05-30-10, 02:28 AM

well, besides showing up in every major battle, being GW's poster boys, having every child under the sun that plays THEM, getting the most attention out of everything else, having more sphhhhaaace mahhhrrine! stuff sold in one month than anything else put together... um is that all, cus i know theres more.

Dead men lying on the bottom of the grave
Wondering when Savior comes
Is he gonna be saved
Maybe you're a sinner into your alternate life
Maybe you're a joker, maybe you deserve to die.
post #247 of 266 (permalink) Old 05-30-10, 02:49 AM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato Sicarius View Post
1) 2) How do you know Space Marines even wear underwear? According to old fluff their genitalia was cut-off during the transformation process anyways.
What fluff says they have their genitalia cut off?
I don't think I've ever read that anywhere.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #248 of 266 (permalink) Old 05-30-10, 02:52 AM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven925 View Post
well, besides showing up in every major battle, being GW's poster boys, having every child under the sun that plays THEM, getting the most attention out of everything else, having more sphhhhaaace mahhhrrine! stuff sold in one month than anything else put together... um is that all, cus i know theres more.
They show up in most major battles on the Eastern Fringe because that's where Ultramar is, but other than the 2nd War for Armageddon the Ultramarines have had very little presence in the major wars else where in the Galaxy.
post #249 of 266 (permalink) Old 05-30-10, 03:02 AM

They're never shown losing. Ever. That, and Games Worksop (sic) doesn't mention Traitor Marines.

Two small irritants, not much on their own, but when added to everything else adds up to "kill the bluies".
post #250 of 266 (permalink) Old 05-30-10, 03:03 AM
Death Before Dishonour

WarlordKaptainGrishnak's Flag is: Australia

I wonder if a poll was taken in the US about how many people collect Ultramarines...you know the getting involved in everything else to help with preserving their own interests I jest, I jest.

this was in reply to people bitching about the teaser trailer for Ultramaries, but a few points can still stand here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordKaptainGrishnak View Post
Well I thought that was ok. When you think about it, GW already posts Space Marines as one of the last bastions of hope for Humanity, and as for the Ultramarines being the 'greatest', various definitions. Personally I think alot of you are overreacting at the Ultramarines being the best, look at the context of the term. As already mentioned, the Ultramarines hold the greatest network of Successors, and hold a substantial section of Imperial territory, so it might refer to their size and influence. Or maybe, as they are a Greek/Roman-motif Chapter, it refers to their 'noble and lofty character'.
but yeah they get a bit carried away in the fanbase, which creates a 'hate' towards them, if it had been Salamanders as the posterboys from the start we'd be in a same case scenario but with the Sallies

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode