Can I create a SM chapter similier to the Black Templars? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-16, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

The Final Frontier's Flag is: USA

Default Can I create a SM chapter similier to the Black Templars?

Don't know if I should of posted it here, I would post in the homebrew section but right now it's just an idea and not is laid in stone yet but anyway I was wondering If I could create a Chapter similier to the black templers or is it basically the same?

My Idea

The Chapter is a codex crusading chapter
They have a BT like fleet
Constantly on crusades
Eventually they conquered a forge world(with Victorian/medieval culture) which they liked so much, they decided to take it as a home world and use it for constant recruits and training
For a time, the chapter "rests" on the home world before the chapter sends all it's companies to crusades to help combat varies threats across the Imperium in which all companies in a sense become there own self contained force.
One Company stays behind on the home world to keep order, train and recruit new brothers.
After losing communications with there companies, the Chapter master creates new companies to replace the old, gives them craft and sends them when ready

Homeworld is a jungle Forge world in a Victorian/medieval culture setting
The SM are worshipped as the Emperor's Angels of death(Demi-gods)
The SM company which the Chapter master is part of runs the world
Most of the SM in the company are regular veterans and Tech-marines which spend most of there repairing and master crafting gear for the company or the next company to be sent out into space.

SM Ranks

Squires- Neophytes basically but have recived all implantations and stay squires for years unlike regular scouts and Neophytes. They are appointed to a Veteran SM and help in all matters from cleaning and maintaining there armor and weapons to running orders and messages to other squads. They are not put into there own company.

Veteran - Standerd rank for the chapter but are considered veterans by other chapters as most with this rank are 200-300 years old and have mastered all forms of combat. They fill all roles

Templar Veteran - Veterans who is currently in a crusading company and has been crusading for years and have gained enough experience to be sergeants or sometimes captains. They are often 500-700 in years

Vanguard - Veterans which are basically like the Emperor's Champion with reciving visions from the Emperor or some form of Divinity however these SM's are often put into honour guard squads or put into regular squads where they are used to assault where the enemy is thickest, to hunt down and eliminate the leaders or to shatter defense lines. They are often the most skilled and deadly SM's in the chapter. There age can be anywhere from 100- 700 years in age

Vanguard Martyr - A veteran who has served in a Vanguard unit for centuries and survived so many battles while also showing extensive leadership abilities to keep his brothers alive that he has been given control of the Company. They are the living avatar/saints of the chapter and are esstianly captains to other chapters. Age can anywhere but are usually old

Vanguard Champion/Emperor's Wraith - Are Vanguards that have turned down promotion to Vanguard Champion in favor of bringing glory to the Chapter almost exactly like the Black Templars Emperor's Champion however they keep there tittle usually til death

Martyr Commander(prob come up with a better name) - Is the chapter master of the chapter, only a Vanguard Martyr can become a Martyr Commander and there is only one at a time obviously lol

"I am Honored to call every single one of you my brother.....You will die today, I will die today but if we must die for the greater good of humanity so be it. With our deaths, our children will blossom into the stars with the Primarches of anew and start a new, grander crusade in the name of the Emperor and as the Emperor's chosen, we will guide them to that path......Show them the true fury of the Emperor's wraith one last time my brothers!.....Forward in the name of the Emperor and may you find salvation with the Emperor when the end comes for you.

- Chapter Master Nilus Pentis of the Ultra Hawks,
00.? 42M, Second battle of Terra

Last edited by The Final Frontier; 02-10-16 at 11:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-16, 11:31 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

Yes, go nuts.

I would just use the BT chapter tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-11-16, 11:33 AM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

As to dedicated crusading chapters there are a few around most not as well known as the black templars, but some such as one that comes to mind is the onteresting army or the charcharadons (space sharks) the badab war talks of how they are a crusading chapter which has out into deeper space explorating and claiming world for the inperium.

Apart from that go wild, if its a new chapter write some fluff, paint some models and onward. (Also post it here on heresy always like some good models).

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-16, 08:49 PM
Rattlehead

No. You're not allowed to make anything; no imagination allowed.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-16, 10:28 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

If you build it, they will come!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode