Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Escalation Campaigns

975 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  neferhet 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Quick question:

Myself and a few others have all picked new armies (we're about 500 points in, now).

Does anyone know of any good campaigns out there that we can start that would allow for escalation? Something with a nice narrative/background, variation of rules etc.

As much as GW sanctioned ones are appealing, I'm open to any homebrew/unofficial ones people may know of too.

#3 ·
the Siege of Vraks is absolutely screaming "SUPERHEAVIES!". Also, fluffy, nasty and gory!
Also the anphlion project (IA 4) allows you to field many big nasty tyranid bugs...
Also, War for Armageddon!

#4 ·
he Siege of Vraks is absolutely screaming "SUPERHEAVIES!". Also, fluffy, nasty and gory!
Also the anphlion project (IA 4) allows you to field many big nasty tyranid bugs...
Also, War for Armageddon!
I think he means a progressive campaign, where the points slowly ramps up in accordance with the players getting bigger and bigger armies - Not escalation with super heavies and gargantuans :D

#5 ·
oooh i see.... :laugh:
then, the anphelion project definitely. ia4, starting from small battles and growing until a final massive tyranid infestation.

#6 ·
Well, I could definitely work around the Anphellion Project.

There was one in White Dwarf (back when Chaos got its first major revamp in the 00's) situated around a big Cathedral - they fought over different parts of it (leading to varying terrain).

The armies we have are:
Necrons
Black Legion (me)
Tau
Space Wolves

#7 ·
You could always come up with your own narrative and any homebrew rules that you want. You could check out the homebrew rules section as well to get ideas from there.

For example you could say.

The black legion has decided to start a new campaign but they need anchor worlds to create a stable warp opening. They have selected the world of Oson VIII to be one of these worlds to set up and become the launch point for their next black crusade. The world is currently habited by the tau as they are starting a new seeding colony on this planet because the abundance of Melosira juergensii a bio-luminescent algae that the tau use in a wide assortment of items. Unfortunately for the tau and the black legion. Oson VIII is a necron tomb world that has just started to awaken. A space wolves detachment have been summoned to investigate the level of the black legions involvement in the area and to destroy any resistance they encounter in their investigation of the chaos forces.

This way the armies can start small as they slowly encounter each other and then it can escalate into full scale battles.

Reactions: Fallen
#8 ·
i would rep morfangdakka for that nice piece of fluff, but the board doesn't allow me to!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.