What if an entire Blood Angels company succumbed to the Black Rage? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-16, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Minigiant's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default What if an entire Blood Angels company succumbed to the Black Rage?

I am about to embark on collecting, building and painting a Blood Angels force as If they have all succumbed to the black rage. (You can go check out the list in the Space Marine section).

All units are going to use Death company model parts where possible and will all be painted black with the red cross. There will be no actual death company in my army. This is so I wont have to say, these are the slayers, but oh by the way, they are the only ones there.

Now what is important to me is background and this is what I want to run past you

"During transportation between systems X company started to see an increased amount of Soldiers succumb to the black rage. They were handled the best they can but it quickly grew into an epidemic and Commander Y who was yet to succumb, issued an emergency signal to all BA companies and was forced to crash land on a nearby deserted planet as a final act of desperation in order to keep the truth from coming out. Well it was believed to be deserted and now there can be no survivors if the Inquisition are never to find out"

Its still WIP but like your thoughts and any ideas you have on it of your own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-16, 02:57 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Why not crash on an occupied planet instead? Otherwise all that murderous rage goes to waste!

A cool idea overall though, and I'd love to see it.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-16, 05:26 PM

Tyriks's Flag is: USA

I agree that a populated planet makes for more narrative tension. Interesting thought!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-16, 07:17 PM

Gorthol's Flag is: England

Interesting idea!

Any characters included in this?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-16, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorthol View Post
Interesting idea!

Any characters included in this?
GW official characters or Characters of my own design?

Official characters are harder, the ones that already succumbed is easy. Others not so much.

I am going to write up some of my own
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-16, 08:13 PM

Gorthol's Flag is: England

sounds good, keep us updated @Minigiant
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-16, 08:47 PM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Certainly sounds like an interesting idea, many different modeling opportunities for you. Just a couple of thoughts for the fluff side if your really getting into it:

Black rage is often described as being a psykic backlash/seeing the primarch die and all. Possibilities for fluff to be focused around either warp transition or even combat with a heavily psykic army (thinking nids or thousand suns) which somehow triggers the reation.

Have you also consided expanding some of your own lore in regards to large out breaks of the black rage, thinking along the lines of the red thirst to full blown black rage, showing how each falls to the rage? Some are ment to have some resistance (even if very little) to resist the fall and remain somewhat coherent.

Apart from that is anyone else getting a real "Angry Marines" vibe from this idea?

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-16, 11:20 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minigiant View Post
There will be no actual death company in my army. This is so I wont have to say, these are the slayers, but oh by the way, they are the only ones there.
This just kills me, playing BA without using Death Company. Absolutely painful. I know there's a theme and I helped you build your list but still. I'd be using a pair of Strike Force Mortalis Formations so my guys were as crazy on the table as they were in my fluff.

Regardless of the model choice though, I'm pretty sure that BA just get put into stasis when they fall to the Black Rage. Crashing into a planet seems...too human. Too much panic involved in that decision considering that this event, while on a larger scale than others, is something every 'higher up' in the Blood Angels knows about and monitors very closely. They're basically waiting for/expecting this to happen eventually.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-16, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Regardless of the model choice though, I'm pretty sure that BA just get put into stasis when they fall to the Black Rage. Crashing into a planet seems...too human. Too much panic involved in that decision considering that this event, while on a larger scale than others, is something every 'higher up' in the Blood Angels knows about and monitors very closely. They're basically waiting for/expecting this to happen eventually.
This got me thinking and is something that I can incorporate into some fan fiction campaign I am writing.

Now instead of crashing, the cruiser ran out of stasis pods and instead had to make an emergency landing on a nearby planets polar ice fields to place soldiers into 'field' stasis (Like field hospitals but for stasis) before X happens
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-16, 03:41 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

If I were a BA Commander and knew my entire company was uncontrollably falling to the Black Rage I would point my ship at the nearest enemy planet and murderate as many foes of the Emperor as I could.

Why wouldn't they call back to the main BA fleet for assistance?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode