What we find annoying in 40K - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-22-08, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Default What we find annoying in 40K

personly, i find the lack of strong artillery in space marine armys annoying. at best its a str5 weapon, where you see the slightly less advanced imperial guard, with a range of 128" and a str of 9! whirlwinds should at least have a rage of 72"..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-22-08, 10:23 AM
The Apathetic one.

comrade's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

true, but they also have a save of 5+ that = almost no armor

And SMs have a save of 3+, the best for basic troops.

What I find most annoying is that SoBs get a 3+ armor save, and a Bolter for only 1 pt more then a stormtroopers cost its utter bs.

post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-22-08, 11:04 AM

Crimson_fists's Flag is: Australia

the fact that there is no vehicles in tyranid armies and all the weapons are relatively short ranged, 36 inch at best

"You doubt my loyalty to the God-Emperor? How dare you accuse me of consorting with Daemons!"
- Crimson Fists

Pedro, once the most feared Daemon in the Warp, why not drop in and say hi to the retired Daemon and his mates?

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-22-08, 12:26 PM

Concrete Hero's Flag is: Wales

Artillery is all that is really missing from SM... They would be overpowered with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_fists View Post
the fact that there is no vehicles in tyranid armies and all the weapons are relatively short ranged, 36 inch at best
Why would Tyranids ever need vehicles? Vehicles aren't alive! Or longer ranged guns (of course that would be nice) though thats not part of their army. In fact, why did you post saying this?

(I'm confused)

post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-22-08, 12:32 PM
Grey Knight Converter

asianavatar's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
What I find most annoying is that SoBs get a 3+ armor save, and a Bolter for only 1 pt more then a stormtroopers cost its utter bs
For that cost we don't get frag or krak grenades so the cost is actually a bit more.

What I find annoying is that there is 2 inch kill range in combat, but I can take guys away from anywhere in the unit. So I punch a guy in the face and a guy in the back of the unit dies.

I used to roll the dice, Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes

Quote:
I'm afraid there's no authoritative source for thinking you're an asshole
Aramoro
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-22-08, 03:06 PM
Bringer of the Apocalypse

Deneris's Flag is: Canada

What I find annoying is that the Eldar have more anti-psyker stuff than my beloved Thousand Sons... I'd settle for a Psychic Hood, even... Really annoying considering the gear we USED to have...

"That, and sending Leman Russ to make a peaceful arrest? That's like sending a rabid Grizzly Bear to teach Kindergarten." - Cole Deschain
"Deneris - you are a legend." - TheKingElessar
"Chingao...sigh..guess I'll stay a slut then..."- Shogun_Nate
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-22-08, 03:18 PM

Alexander Darkblade's Flag is: USA

I;ve said it before. ill say it again. DICE-INATORS! hthey roll shots for their entire army knocking pieces off the table and yelling at you when you pick them up and pu tem on the table. ticks me off.

"The Knights are broken, the Renegades are defeated, there remains only one truth to our order... Vengeance"
Chaos Lord Darkblade, Darksteel Disciples
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-22-08, 05:28 PM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

For me the nerf Defensive Weapons got in 5th edition, I was a Guard player, I'll be a Guard player again. And I tells ya if Conquerors do make the Imperial Guard Codex without some kinda of ability that allow it to fire all its weapons on the move, expect the whole pram to go out the window, never mind the rattle.

But aye, in general, hate the change to Defensive weapons.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-22-08, 05:44 PM

As a tau player the defensive weapon thing sucks. My basic infantry carry a gun that is an offensive weapon on a vehicle!
and the 6+ cover save provided by razor wire can stop a railgun shot!
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-22-08, 06:25 PM

Conquerors are the reason why 5th ed defensive weapons changed. Too many guard players stopped taking leman russes for conquerors. GW changes rules that get abused and im all for that. With that said the thing that annoys me with 40k is players taking armies just to win. IE marine players with assault cannon armies. Feed as many assault cannons in cos they is uber. Then they play these armies over and over with little change. Its sad and so unnecessary. Play for the fluff or try roleplaying it just a little.

However saying that I have been known to field sick armies including marine armies with 6 dreads. Other nasties included recently my Ork army with over 160 boyz !!!

I am green therefore I am

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode