Bring back the old Necrons! - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
@PopularSauce , what flavour is popular sauce?
I guess in Asian countries it's soy sauce, probably ketchup in the Western World.
I entirely agree, I didn't set up the petition, it was a mate of mine that played Necrons from 3rd edition onwards. I personally don't play Necrons, but I much preferred them when they were mindless killing machines. The petition may not mean much to GW but signing it would be much appreciated, just to see how many people preferred the old style of models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post

I'm not about to start a petition or anything but I can definitely see where our OP is coming from (even if it's just the new aesthetic) just like I can see why the people who now have a versatile and strong army are happy about where the 'crons are nowadays.
I think that is the issue, there are 2 types of Necron collectors: Newcron collectors and Oldcron collectors. What the petition suggests is a supplement that allows players to use large Troop based forces.
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Default Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Yeah, not even close. Sure, lets go back to a mono-build army that consists of three types of models rather than the variety we have now.

What a fucking joke
That's not the point of the petition. The units are great, the models for the units are not.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/b...he-old-necrons

post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 09:33 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopularSauce View Post
What the petition suggests is a supplement that allows players to use large Troop based forces.
This exists already:

A whopping eight Troops selections in the Detachment and you can take as many Resurgence Decurions as you want. What more would you like?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
This exists already:

Very interesting. Where did you find this? Was it a White Dwarf thing?
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 09:47 PM

Shield of Baal: Exterminatus. The Formation on the other hand is a White Dwarf exclusive.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Default Thank you

Quote:
Shield of Baal: Exterminatus. The Formation on the other hand is a White Dwarf exclusive.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, it's much appreciated. However a supplement would be so nice, with a whole load of lore and special rules to back the large Troop based legions.
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 09:58 PM

The Mephrit Dynasty has three Relics, a Warlord Trait table, a Detachment, and four Formations (one being a combination of all three with extra bonuses) in the SoB:E book, plus an extra White Dwarf Formation. It isn't a full fledged supplement like Sentinels of Terra or Black Legion but it has a fair slice of unique.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 12-21-15 at 10:00 PM.
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Default Hardback

Quote:
The Mephrit Dynasty has three Relics, a Warlord Trait table, a Detachment, and four Formations (one being a combination of all three with extra bonuses) in the SoB:E book, plus an extra White Dwarf Formation. It isn't a full fledged supplement like Sentinels of Terra or Black Legion but it has a fair slice of unique.
I do love my hardback covers though
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
Is this a joke? The new Necron range is great! There was a reason why you would only field 5 Monoliths and 100 warriors, and that is because there were no other options and what was available wasn't worth it due to the old Phase Out rule, which was one of the worst rules ever implemented by GW. Not to mention that Necrons are very powerful with their current rule set.

Your petition only mentions Szeras as ugly. Care to explain how the others are bad? Might I remind you that the first true Necron models were Terminator knock-offs?

If you feel that they are bad, fine, that is your opinion. Just be aware that your opinion is likely a very small minority among Necron players.
The new Necron UNITS are great, their models are awful. The sheer amount of orbs is shocking and takes away from the overall model, IE. Wraiths. Most of the new units are ugly to be honest. This petition is not about removing units from the game, it's about de-blinging the models for these units. In my humble opinion of course...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Tags
40k , army , necrons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode